Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on October 16, 2012
W.L. Gore & Associates is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing for more than 50 years.
W. L. Gore & Associates is seeking a professional telephone operator or receptionist to provide a wide variety of administrative duties.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to use independent judgment and discretion when handling confidential information, develop strong relationships with associates, and develop and utilize resources effectively.
As a telephone operator and back-up receptionist with W. L. Gore & Associates, you will professionally represent Gore on the phone and at the front desk of our Elden View facility. You will develop relationships with your plant-based teams in order to assist in keeping business operations and activities organized and moving forward. You are dependable, friendly, self motivated, and possess excellent customer service skills. Due to the diverse environment of the operator and reception functions, you need well developed organization and prioritization skills.
Using your strong communication skills, you will effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions. You may be asked to provide strategic support, such as resolving minor operational issues. You have the ability to provide high-quality results with professionalism in a fast-paced environment - and are able to change direction with skill and willingness when circumstances demand.
- Answer and direct incoming calls using a multi-line phone system
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks, such as manage calendars, arrange travel, schedule facilities and equipment, database maintenance, etc.)
- Greet customers and ensure front desk operation during scheduled business hours
- Maintain security; issue badges and process agreements
- Coordinate time entry system within your facility
- Handle petty cash
- Operate office equipment
- Order lunches, coordinate delivery & validate payment process
- Project support as needed
- Coordinate special events and meetings
- Maintain a strict work schedule
- High School diploma or GED required
- Computer literate; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient telephone skills, including experience operating multi-line telephones
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency
- Performs administrative duties accurately while maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace.All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
EEO/AA Employer (applies to all positions located in the U.S.)
Job Number: 123447
Job Type: Early-Career Professional
Job Function: Administrative Support
Primary Location: North America -United States -Arizona -Flagstaff
Shift: Day (1st shift)