Supply Development Engineer
Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on August 25, 2012
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Supply Development Engineer to join our team in Flagstaff, AZ.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will drive Gore’s business relationships involving the strategic sourcing of critical fluoropolymer raw materials and intermediates. As a divisional resource, this position requires a creative, hands-on individual who can simultaneously support multiple program teams.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing strategic sourcing support for state-of-the art implantable medical devices
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Strategic management of the Medical Product Division’s (MPD's) critical business relationships related to the procurement of fluoropolymer raw materials
- Partnering with internal technology teams to develop supply-chain strategies for fluoropolymers and intermediates
- Working with fluoropolymer technology teams, procurement, and planning to establish raw-material and intermediate inventory targets and initial inventory build plans
- Identifying high-risk raw materials and intermediates with current MPD projects and developing strategies for mitigating these risks
- Providing supply-chain perspectives to project teams in the design and development phases of new products and supporting project teams in integrating critical raw materials and intermediates
- Working with project teams, leadership, and legal resources to develop and prepare business and supply agreements as needed
- Participating in the review of material specifications, drawings, and inspection procedures with the project teams, supply-chain team, and suppliers to drive best-choice supply decisions
- Assessing supplier capabilities against MPD supply needs. Evaluations serve as a basis for qualification as approved suppliers and risk assessment for business contingency planning.
- Providing expertise in many areas of raw materials and services, achieving the goal of a portfolio of more common suppliers that better fit Gore’s needs
- Recognizing and protecting Gore’s intellectual property
- Actively participating in professional meetings and trade shows to remain current in the relevant supplier landscape regarding new businesses, mergers, and acquisitions
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Management, Engineering, or Materials Science. Relevant work experience in engineering, procurement, or supply-chain management may be an adequate substitute for formal education.
- At least5 years of experience in supplier- or customer-relationship management, business operations, quality engineering, or material science
- 10 years experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated influencing skills
- Project-management skills
- Professional working style
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to:
- Conceptualize, build, and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Support engineering in the design, development, and prototyping of materials and supply-chain needs
- Develop and execute plans and consistently produce the desired results
- Influence and build a functional network with individuals and teams across organizations, including engineering, procurement, technology, manufacturing, quality, marketing, business leadership, regulatory, and legal
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement
Desirable Job Qualifications
- Master of Science or Master of Business Administration degree
- Experience in the medical-device industry
- Established knowledge of the medical-device and component industry, supply management, engineering, and/or manufacturing processes and technologies
Candidates must have the legal and ongoing authority to work in the U.S.Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Keywords: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, supply, suppliers, chain, sourcing, procurement, procuring, manager, management, managing, engineer, engineering, fluoropolymers, materials, raw, intermediates, components, science, technology, technologies, implantable, medical, devices, manufacturing, business, operations, processes, processing, planning, plans, influencing, choices, decisions, new, products, projects, systems, customers, relationships, strategic, strategies, strategy, inventory, targets, build, risk, mitigating, mitigation, agreements, reviewing, assessing, assessment, evaluations, evaluating, capabilities, needs, qualification, qualifying, specifications, drawings, inspections, procedures, prototypes, prototyping, designing, developing, development
Job Number: 122573
Job Type: Experienced Professional
Job Function: Manufacturing/Operations
Primary Location: North America -United States -Arizona -Flagstaff
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day (1st shift)