Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on August 16, 2012
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Reliability Engineer to join our team in Flagstaff, AZ.
Just 150 miles north of Phoenix and 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff is an ideal place to join Gore and change. Surrounded by pine forests and mountains, Flagstaff offers natural beauty, small-town charm, a vibrant educational community, and a diverse culture. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy all four seasons here, with 300 days of sunshine and a variety of recreational activities. A major employer in Arizona's growing bioscience sector, Gore has led Flagstaff's growth in medical-device jobs since 2002.If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will draw upon a wide range of engineering knowledge and skills to focus primarily on evaluating fitness for use of materials and products. You will support both commercial products and new-product development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing engineering support for state-of-the art implantable medical devices and manufacturing processes
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Developing test methods and requirements to create and conduct simulated-use testing
- Developing specifications for components and products, including clinically relevant rationales
- Evaluating prototypes and final products in simulated clinical environments
- Acting as the primary engineering-team contact with the finite element analysis group
- Interacting broadly with diverse team members
- Technical degree.
- Solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals/engineering mechanicsand ability to apply this knowledge to manufacturing and product design
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of physics and statistical analysis
- Working understanding of GMP and ISO 9000 requirements
- Fundamental understanding of medical-device use in a clinical setting
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- A work style of hands-on involvement with all phases of projects
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, initiate, and drive projects to completion
- Ability to:
- Work effectively in team situations as well as independently
- Network and interact effectively with a broad range of associates spanning varied disciplines and responsibilities
- Set and meet aggressive timelines
- Degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or materials science/engineering
- Advanced technical degree
- At least 3 years of experience in a reliability-engineering capacity
- Hands-on experience with interventional medical products
- Experience in/with:
- Quality engineering
- Translating in vivo loading conditions into in vitro tests
- Linking in vitro testing to regulatory requirements
- Ability to travel periodically
Candidates must have the legal and ongoing authority to work in the U.S.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Keywords: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, engineer, engineering, science, technical, technology, technologies, interventional, implantable, medical, devices, reliability, mechanical, chemical, materials, physics, manufacturing, products, components, projects, specifications, fitness for use, fitness, use, clinical, clinically, in vivo, loading, in vitro, study, studies, analysis, analytical, analyzing, creating, conducting, evaluation, evaluating, prototypes, designs, designing, developing, development, testing, tests, methods, requirements, simulated, simulations, environments, statistical, statistics, quality, finite, element, regulatory, guidelines, standards, ISO, 9000, GMP
Job Number: 121500
Job Type: Experienced Professional
Job Function: Engineer/Scientist
Primary Location: North America -United States -Arizona -Flagstaff
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Shift: Day (1st shift)