Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on August 16, 2012
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team in Flagstaff, AZ.
Just 150 miles north of Phoenix and 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff is an ideal place to join Gore and change. Surrounded by pine forests and mountains, Flagstaff offers natural beauty, small-town charm, a vibrant educational community, and a diverse culture. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy all four seasons here, with 300 days of sunshine and a variety of recreational activities. A major employer in Arizona's growing bioscience sector, Gore has led Flagstaff's growth in medical-device jobs since 2002.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will support new-product development and current manufacturing initiatives. You will work in conjunction with manufacturing and development teams and other technical associates to evaluate fitness for use of materials, designs, processes, tests, and products.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing quality engineering for state-of-the art implantable medical devices and manufacturing processes
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Gaining an understanding of product processing, manufacturing, and development as well as validation of specifications, test methods, and fixture design for testing
- Transitioning new products into manufacturing and supporting existing manufacturing, including the transition of these operations from various geographic locations in the Medical Products Division
- Selecting, evaluating, and validating components from various potential supply sources
- Using the quality, complaints, design control, corrective and preventive action, risk management, and non-conforming product systems
- Designing, executing, and analyzing experiments based on statistical techniques
- Developing and carrying out performance tests on devices to characterize and document their safety
- Gaining a fundamental understanding of device use, development of visual standards, and general manufacturing troubleshooting
- Writing procedures and training and assisting technical associates
Required Job Qualifications
- Degree in science or engineering, OR 5 years of experience in an engineering capacity in the medical-device or pharmaceutical industry
- Working understanding of GMP and ISO 9000 requirements
- A work style of hands-on involvement with all phases of projects
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, initiate, and drive projects to completion
- Solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply this knowledge to manufacturing and product design
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of statistics
- Ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to network and interact effectively with a broad range of associates spanning varied disciplines and responsibilities
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Keywords: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, engineer, engineering, quality, implantable, medical, device, manufacturing, process, product, materials, specification, experiments, performance, characterization, documentation, design, control, test, methods, fixtures, development, statistics, statistical, regulatory, requirement, standards, procedures, troubleshooting, reliability, safety, fitness, ISO, 9000, GMP
Job Number: 122466
Job Type: Early-Career Professional
Job Function: Engineer/Scientist
Primary Location: North America -United States -Arizona -Flagstaff
Shift: Day (1st shift)