Master Production Scheduler
Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on October 25, 2012
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Master Production Scheduler to join our manufacturing team in Flagstaff, AZ.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will plan production, analyze capacity, and manage finished goods.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing production scheduling support for manufacturing
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Creating and maintaining master production schedules
- Driving the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Generating appropriate production plans and effectively representing them within the ERP system
- Partnering with leadership to set global inventory goals to support customer service levels (on-time shipments)
- Coordinating with manufacturing leadership and the material planner to resolve production issues and scheduling conflicts
- Balancing demand with available capacity using lean manufacturing techniques and MRP
- Responding to changes in supply or demand by adjusting production plans and/or Kanban (production) levels as appropriate
- Communicating plans and significant plan changes to appropriate leadership, product specialists, manufacturing associates, material planner/schedulers, and buyer/planners
- Actively participating in operations plans for new product-line and item introductions
- Developing and maintaining appropriate metrics for performance, including analyzing sales, shipment, inventory, and production data to understand variability between actual and planned
- Assuring data integrity by working with the planning team to develop and maintain planning values within the planning system, recognizing and reconciling errors or inconsistencies in bills of materials (BOM) and bills of routes (BOR), and working with leadership and the cost analyst to facilitate accurate costing information
- Leading implementations and/or upgrades of ERP planning modules and assisting with implementation of data-collection and configuration-management systems
- Practicing and promoting the Gore culture
- Developing other associates on the planning team to create bench strength
- Driving continuous-improvement efforts using lean manufacturing principles
- Establishing strong relationships with planning associates to accomplish divisional initiatives
- At least 5 years' planning experience using an ERP system
- Demonstrated success using an S&OP process
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Expertise using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to partner with associates in all functions across plants
- Excellent planning, team-building, and organizational skills
- Ability to develop strategies, work with others to successfully execute strategies, and measure progress
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Ability to lead a plant-based team of resources committed to supply-chain management.
- Strong listening and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Bachelor of science degree
- Experience with master production scheduling strongly preferred
- APICS CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management)
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Keywords: Gore, job, Phoenix, AZ, master, production, scheduler, scheduling, schedules, planner, planning, ERP, MRP, S&OP, manufacturing, operations, inventory, manager, management, managing, leadership, processes, products, systems, strategies, strategic, strategy, supply, chain, suppliers, supplies, demand, capacity, availability, available, finished, goods, customers, goals, requirements, issues, conflicts, resolution, resolving, resolve, lean, kanban, performance, metrics, actual, planned, sales, shipments, bills, materials, BOM, routes, BOR, costing, analysis, analyzing, analyze, implementing, implementation, upgrading, upgrades, data, collection, configuration
Job Number: 122212
Job Type: Experienced Professional
Job Function: Manufacturing/Operations
Primary Location: North America -United States -Arizona -Flagstaff
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Shift: Day (1st shift)