IT Support Technician
Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on August 31, 2012
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for an IT Support Technician specializing in sales force automation to join our IT team in Flagstaff, AZ.
Just 150 miles north of Phoenix and 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff is an ideal place to join Gore and change. Surrounded by pine forests and mountains, Flagstaff offers natural beauty, small-town charm, a vibrant educational community, and a diverse culture. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy all four seasons here, with 300 days of sunshine and a variety of recreational activities. A major employer in Arizona's growing bioscience sector, Gore has led Flagstaff's growth in medical-device jobs since 2002.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will join a team of associates responsible for supporting the IT applications and infrastructure used by the Medical Products Division's (MPD) sales force. This includes support of the application and database environments for contact management, sales reporting, and inventory control; configuration, deployment and support of laptops in home offices; and support of multiple types of mobile devices. Other responsibilities may include project management, application architecture and support, database maintenance and support, data migration, ad-hoc reporting, laptop imaging, end-user training, and software installation/deployment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing IT support for sales force personnel
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Providing support via telephone or e-mail in the areas of desktop/laptop computing, desktop applications, and remote-access technologies (e.g., VPN, DSL, wireless, dial-up, and cable modem)
- Owning several applications and databases used by the MPD sales force, including support of application servers, gateway servers, database servers, and Citrix terminal servers. May require new systems architecture, requirements gathering, application support, database support, and data migration services.
- Configuring, maintaining, building, supporting, and troubleshooting 300+ field-based computers
- Assisting with hardware, printing, faxing, and remote-access-related problems
- Maintaining accurate inventory, system images, system standards, software versions, etc.
- Supporting multiple mobile devices (BlackBerry, etc.) and their ability to synchronize with standard Gore applications
- Conducting IT training classes for new field-based associates
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related discipline (computer science, information systems, or information technology) plus 2 years' IT experience, OR a high school diploma plus 4 years' experience in an IT role similar to this
- Experience with/in:
- Windows platforms, TCP/IP, and Microsoft Office
- Supporting applications in client-server, web-based, and remote-access scenarios
- Supporting databases, including design, query languages, and data-migration skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient phone skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and business presentation skills
- Telephone and computer-related problem-resolution skills
- Effective listening skills
- Customer-service skills
- Ability to:
- Quickly and accurately understand and diagnose problems over the telephone and provide resolution to the customer
- Work effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical associates in a team environment
- Provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Travel up to 15%
- Make at least a 2-year commitment to this role
Desirable Job Qualifications
- Experience supporting:
- Wireless networking
- Familiarity with:
- Lotus Notes, Novell, VPN, Citrix, and Goldmine
- Mobile devices (e.g., BlackBerry)
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Keywords: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, information, technician, technology, specialist, support, help desk, IT, on-call, on, call, sales, force, automation, computers, systems, projects, customers, administrator, administration, administering, servers, Windows, databases, gateway, terminal, design, query, queries, languages, data, migration, development, software, business, applications, infrastructure, contact, management, reporting, control, mobile, devices, wireless, desktops, laptops, remote, access, problems, issues, analyzing, analysis, diagnosing, diagnosis, resolving, resolution, telephone, e-mail, installing, installation, configuring, configuration, building, builds, operating, operation, backing up, backups, implementation, implementing, troubleshooting, client, server, client/server, web, networking, network, architecture, hardware, printers, printing, faxes, faxing, deploying, upgrading, upgrades, maintaining, maintenance, inventory, images, imaging, standards, versions, training, Microsoft, Windows, XP, Office, TCP/IP, Lotus Notes, Novell, Citrix, Goldmine, BlackBerry, VPN, DSL, dial, up, dial-up, cable, modems
Job Number: 122930
Job Type: Experienced Professional
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America -United States -Arizona -Flagstaff
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day (1st shift)