Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on January 8, 2012
W.L. Gore & Associatesis a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing for more than 50 years.
The Medical Products Division ofGoreis seeking an individual to lead our Housekeeping Team at the Woody Mountain Plant. This associate will take ownership of the required cleanliness and overall appearance of our facilities which include the Plant, Warehouse and Training Center.
Examples of general housekeeping duties include:
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms
- Mopping floors
- Washing windows
- Sweeping both inside and outside
- Vacuuming carpets
- Buffing, stripping and waxing floors
- Keeping inventory of general cleaning supplies and housekeeping supplies, paper goods, coffee and etc
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining an effective team and training associates
- Effective leadership of the Housekeeping and Cleanroom custodial teams whose regular shifts do not directly align
- Maintenance ofa team cleaning schedule
Additional expectations include the ability to develop a strong partnership and rapport with manufacturing and facility leaders.
Working hours for this position will be established first with an overlap on second shift, Monday thru Friday. Occasionally some off shift work may be required.
- High School diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years residential or commercial housekeeping experience, including at least one year of experience in a leadership role
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, chemicals and cleaning equipment
- Ability to work in an enclosed environment and wear cleanroom garments
- Ability to do repetitious work for long periods of time
- Detail oriented
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability toadhere to and train others to standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- A track record of excellent attendance
- Flexible and open to change
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple commitments within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills and computer experience (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively integrate and influence across functions
- Abilityto work in a team environment as well as work independently
- Ability to demonstrate proven leadership skills
- Experience developing and leading teams as well as working with standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Light to moderate lifting
- Ability tomix and work with cleaning chemicals
At this time we are not offering relocation for this role. Therefore, onlylocal and internal candidates are being considered.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace.All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
EEO/AA Employer (applies to all positions located in the U.S.)
Job Number: 112913
Job Type: Manufacturing
Job Function: Security/Facilities
Primary Location: North America-United States-Arizona-Flagstaff
Shift: Day Job