Business Intelligence Analyst
Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on August 10, 2012
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our IT team in Flagstaff, AZ.
Just 150 miles north of Phoenix and 80 miles south of the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff is an ideal place to join Gore and change. Surrounded by pine forests and mountains, Flagstaff offers natural beauty, small-town charm, a vibrant educational community, and a diverse culture. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy all four seasons here, with 300 days of sunshine and a variety of recreational activities. A major employer in Arizona's growing bioscience sector, Gore has led Flagstaff's growth in medical-device jobs since 2002.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will help the IT team deliver reporting solutions to the Medical Products Division's Business Intelligence team and ensure that solution strategies are understood by both the IT and Business Intelligence teams. You will work with data warehouse architecture and the organization of data marts and help develop the user interface (UI) for reporting tools.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing IT support for a Business Intelligence functional team
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Facilitating development of global reporting approaches for the Business Intelligence team to meet the Medical Product Division's needs, working collaboratively with the enterprise. This includes creating a common understanding of how existing reporting tools (Cognos Metric Studio andReports Studio, TM1, and Oracle Discoverer) will be leveraged.
- Creating a reports inventory and procedures for the Business Intelligence team to manage the lifecycle of reports, resulting in consolidation and simplification
- Developing reports and performing data-warehouse analysis/troubleshooting in support of the global teams
- Creating working partnerships to understand business/data rules and gather necessary requirements that result in reporting solutions that meet business needs
- Communicating and collaborating regularly with other IT teams to ensure global reporting standardization and uniform business rules
- Providing guidance on methodologies and procedures to ensure effective work practices
- Preparing documentation for development work performed in accordance with Gore standards
Required Job Qualifications
- At least 3 years' experience working on strategic projects focused on business intelligence, data warehousing, and/or data management
- At least 5 years' experience working as a reporting analyst, management analyst, or sales analyst
- Demonstrated experience evaluating solutions for business intelligence, data warehousing, and/or data management
- Developing relationships with internal customers and service providers
- Facilitating meetings in which functional requirements are gathered for reporting and data analysis applications
- Ability to communicate with business analysts, data modelers, and solution architects to translate design into specific development activities
Desirable Job Qualifications
- Experience in/with:
- Building reporting solutions using Cognos Business Intelligence Suite and/or Oracle Discoverer
- Leading small teams and working on global teams
- Developing and delivering strategies for global Business Intelligence applications
- Deploying enterprise data-warehouse architecture principles, concepts, and technologies
- Knowledge of master data management concepts and technologies
- Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design, and architecture principles and techniques for master data, transaction data, and derived/analytic data
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Keywords: Gore, job, Flagstaff, Arizona, AZ, business, intelligence, systems, IT, analyst, analysis, reports, reporting, sales, data, warehouse, warehousing, management, managing, manager, liaison, information, technology, technologies, technical, IT, computers, software, projects, processes, procedures, methodologies, practices, functions, functional, priorities, solutions, applications, inventory, master, transactions, derived, analytic, architectures, architects, concepts, principles, strategies, strategy, strategic, understanding, evaluating, evaluation, evaluate, development, developing, supporting, gathering, users, interfaces, rules, requirements, needs, standards, standardization, modeling, designing, designs, implementing, deploying, troubleshooting, tools, partnering, partnerships, collaborating, collaboration, collaborate, global, teams, documents, documentation, documenting, leading, leader, Cognos, Metric Studio, Report Studio, Business Intelligence Suite, TM1, Oracle Discoverer, UI
Job Number: 122009
Job Type: Experienced Professional
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America -United States -Arizona -Flagstaff
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Shift: Day (1st shift)