Full-Time at W.L. Gore & Associates Inc, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on August 10, 2012
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for an Analytical Chemist to join our team in Flagstaff, AZ, and work the second shift.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this hands-on laboratory role, you will support medical-device manufacturing and development by providing routine chemical-testing services.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing analytical support for development of state-of-the art implantable medical devices
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Conducting heparin-activity testing on a variety of materials in support of heparin-coated products
- Sharing responsibility for setting up and operating laboratory analytical instrumentation
- Performing extensive pipetting for some methods
- Following all applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs) and documenting results in the appropriate format to satisfy quality-system requirements
- Interacting with manufacturing and R&D teams
- Reporting test results
- Contributing to continuous-improvement activities in the laboratory
Required Job Qualifications
- One of the following:
- Bachelor of science degree in chemistry or a closely related discipline that includes analytical chemistry lab course work, OR
- Two years' work experience in an analytical chemistry lab in which you completed documentation and followed SOPs for tests that required manual manipulation of pipettes and other testing equipment
- Experience with laboratory techniques and apparatus associated with sample preparation and manipulation
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling, and ability to follow established safety procedures and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively within teams as well as independently
- Desire and ability to drive continuous-improvement changes
- Ability to:
- Be flexible and adapt to change on short notice
- Work effectively within a quality system
- Work the second shift
No relocation assistance is available for this role.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Keywords: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, chemist, chemicals, chemistry, analytical, analysis, tests, testing, services, routine, lab, laboratory, industrial, manufacturing, systems, products, processes, procedures, practices, protocols, requirements, techniques, medical, devices, equipment, instrumentation, apparatus, materials, samples, preparation, preparing, pipetting, manual, manipulation, manipulating, setting, set, up, set-up, handling, operating, reporting, reports, results, development, quality, safety, continuous, improvement, heparin, coatings, coated, R&D, QC, SOPs
Job Number: 122386
Job Type: Early-Career Professional
Job Function: Engineer/Scientist
Primary Location: North America -United States -Arizona -Flagstaff
Shift: Late (2nd shift)