Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Extended Campuses
posted on July 19, 2012
• This position has been reposted. If you have previously applied, there is no need to submit another application.
• This position will be responsible for the direction of all of our public and administrative website concepts and layouts.
• This position will also support the design, development, programming, system testing and user support of all Extended Campuses applications.
• This position functions as a high-level expert in development of applications, systems, and documentation and will also assist with maintenance and support of applications currently used as well as future applications.
• This position will assist with user training, user documentation and report writing.
• Participates in on-the-job and formal training sessions concerning the implementation of design, interface and testing of computer programs.
• Supports as-needed creation and implementation of department web design concept, layout, and content.
• Coordinates with web users to develop policy recommendation for appropriate use of web site and resources.
• Interprets communication needs of college/department and recommends web design possibilities.
• Creates and implements web design concept, layout and content. Creates high-quality graphics for web use.
• Support the design, development, programming, system testing, installation and user support of Extended Campuses applications by programming and web interfaces.
• Responsible for quality assurance review; evaluate results with users; make modifications as required.
• Work with internal development areas to determine current design standards for the technical team and implementing those standards across EC software and solutions Maintain program libraries, user manuals, and technical documentation.
• Assist in designing and programming procedures to ensure data integrity.
• Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
• Proactively ensure the accessibility of publicly available information in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other usability principles.
• Participate in university technology committees to determine the institutions best platforms to utilize in the future and to give training to other departments on new technologies.¿¿¿¿¿
• Develops Graphical User Interface (GUI) Designs and conducts usability testing.
• Develops website wireframe and design concepts for presentations to committees and use by the technical team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design or related field AND three years of web page design experience; OR
• SEVEN years of web design and graphic design/layout experience; OR
• An equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Recent experience graphic design and layout tools.
• Recent experience with web design concepts.
• Recent experience in web design or print design and related software tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator).
• Recent experience with .NET framework.
• Recent experience in the use of an object-oriented programming language, preferably C#.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Experience with graphic design and layout tools.
• Experience with Web design concepts.
• Experience in web design or print design and related software tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator)
• Experience with Flash, Flash development environments (like Flex Builder), and Actionscript.
• Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices of system specification standards, applications programming and database/data communications technology.
• Familiarity with object oriented programs such as .NET, C#, SQL and relational databases.
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally (ability to understand and translate the requests of users into systems design).
• Knowledge of the functions and capabilities of database systems.
• Knowledge of developing and maintaining custom web-based administration and end-user services.
• Ability to work efficiently in a team setting managing multiple projects in a support and development environment.
• Familiarity in the use of the programming and job control and data defining languages specific to the assignment, including SQL, MS SQL Server, HTML, XML Object-oriented programming languages.
• Experience with streaming media and knowledge of video file concepts (like the difference between common video and audio codecs) a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of procedures, operations, and standard organizational structures and principles of higher education institutions and office employment.
• The ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU¿s BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
Open until further notice.