Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Student Accounts
posted on June 28, 2012
• Receives and pays out money and performs the more specialized or advanced teller functions such as university department transactions, post student payments, balance and prepare bank deposits, and balances reports.
• Oversee training and performance of student workers.
• Records and balances mail or night deposits and university department transactions.
• Inputs transaction data to computer system and/or reviews computer reports to ensure accuracy; adjust or corrects errors.
• Follows established procedures for authorization of certain specified transactions.
• Applies incoming deposits/payments using a variety of accounts; balances deposits, payments and receipts.
• Researches unidentified account transactions, makes adjustments.
• Assist other tellers in resolving difficult or complex problems; provides basic guidance and leadership to other tellers.
• Conducts a variety of customer service tasks which may include providing account balances, transferring funds, tracking deposits and various record changes.
• Maintains and accounts for cash drawer and daily transactions; resolves or reports discrepancies.
• Assists NAU departments with deposit issues.
• Two years experience counting, receiving or disbursing money, executing financial transactions;
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
• Working knowledge of People Soft.
• 2-3 years banking experience.
• Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft office system.
• 2-3 years customer service experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and methods of handling money, receipting and maintaining records.
• Knowledge of basic math.
• Knowledge of basic teller functions and transaction.
• Skill in counting, receiving and disbursing money.
• Skill in applying control procedures and accurate calculation.
• Skill in meeting and dealing with the public.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$26,000 - $27,00 annually.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
July 11, 2012 at midnight.