Systems Integration Engineer, Assistant
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Education Technology Consortm
posted on September 14, 2012
• While this position is based in Flagstaff, travel around the state is required. It is a full-time postion, but work hours vary with project needs.
• The ETC provides technology support and services to school districts and charter schools within the state of Arizona. As part of the ETC networking team, this position will be responsible for equipment installations, ongoing maintenance and support of a variety of network equipment, and working with both the technical and non-technical staff at supported sites to resolve network related problems.
• Work with users via telephone, email, or in person to solve problems with ETC supported software and hardware. As a member of the network team, provide frontline support for day to day operations and procedures, and provide assistance to senior engineers when requested.
• Research, diagnose, and resolve connectivity problems, including possible hardware failures and usage problems relating to server, network, and/or internet connectivity.
• Manage and monitor daily backup jobs for remote sites. Manage and monitor Antivirus for remote sites. Report and mitigate virus outbreaks as needed. Maintain updates to software.
• Assist senior engineers in patching and maintaining the health and security of server related equipment for hosted and remote sites. Configure and manage logging, network monitoring, and reporting. Proactively respond to service outages and trouble reports.
• Participate in the installation of hardware, software and control elements of the network. Install, configure, and maintain a broad spectrum of network equipment such as routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, wireless devices, VoIP phone systems, DAS arrays, and backup systems. Install and support various Microsoft services in both standard and virtual environments: IIS, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, and Print/file services.
Provide support for vendors and clients using our application hosting services. Manage Citrix clients, user accounts and rights, application/SQL/IIS and other servers. Work with senior engineers to install application updates as requested by hosted sites, applying database commands supplied by the vendor and reporting results to client and vendor, providing backups as requested by sites to vendors via secured transmission. Maintain a clear understanding of applications and services developed in-house to enhance and increase the efficiency of ETC services.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field AND two years of data network experience; OR,
• Five (5) years of relevant experience including "hands-on" Information Technology experience and experience in providing technical support to users.
• Experience with content filters, ePolicy Orchestrator, MS OS Servers, MS Office Products, Citrix MPS and clients.
• Experience with a wide variety of networking equipment and phones systems.
• Network Certifications - CCNA, CCDA, CCNP.
• Experience working with Telco companies and service providers.
• Direct customer service experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to provide high level customer service to customers with varying technical skill.
• Ability to provide quality service to meet customer expectations and build internal/external customer relationships.
• Effective communications skills.
• Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• A background check is required prior to hiring.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$46,000 - $51,000 depending on experience.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr .
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each fiscal year according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found on the Internet at: https://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy&/….
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, and you choose the ASRS retirement option, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 27 weeks (6 months) after your start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days after start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
Open until further notice.