Program Coordinator, Sr - ISIR, Pell, Verification
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Financial Aid
posted on July 10, 2012
• Northern Arizona University is seeking an Office Supervisor who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, engagement, diversity, health and well-being.
• This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs strategic plan.
• Will involve heavy workloads during peak operations in the office, requiring work beyond normal hours; non-standard work hours will also be required.
• Reports to the Associate Director of Operations.
• Manages the Pell Grant, ISIR, and Quality Assurance processes to ensure that Student Financial Aid is processed in accordance with Federal regulations, accurately, and efficiently.
• Monitors Pell Grants, ISIRs, and Federal Verification processes utilizing reports to ensure compliance with the U.S. Department of Education.
• Reconciles the Federal Pell Grant program.
• Identifies potential trending and/or issues as they relate to the processing of Student financial Aid.
• Responsible for being the back-up for the Office Supervisor of Loans and Tuition Benefits.
• Acts as a resource to the Processing, Communications, and Counseling areas, assisting staff with problem resolution as needed.
• Recommends changes to policies and procedures affecting the processing area and the Office of Student Financial Aid.
• Updates procedures as needed and post to appropriate document library.
• Routinely and independently makes and implements decisions to accomplish divisional goals and objectives while working under the guides of Federal and University policy.
• Provide supervision, training, and coordination of work for four professional positions and Student Employee staff.
• Be a team leader who can manage, multi-task and think quickly on their feet to provide excellent customer service under stressful situations to both students and staff.
• Be responsible for providing a secure confidential environment for student records and other confidential information.
• Required to adhere to cash handling policy.
• Assist with Orientation, Discover NAU, and other recruitment activities.
• May require working and travel nights and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
• Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
• Eight years of progressively responsible administrative/ coordinative program experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Bachelor's degree in Office Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
• Knowledge of Federal and State Financial Aid programs.
• Four years of Federal Student Aid Experience.
• Three years supervisory experience in a related field.
• PeopleSoft experience.
• One year of working with Federal Student Aid programs.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work independently and apply analytical skills to make decisions, in accordance with federal regulations.
• Attentive to detail.
• Skilled in making simple, mathematical calculations.
• Practical knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques.
• Proficient skill in using personal computers, Microsoft Office and office equipment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Well defined multi-tasking skills.
• Proficient customer service skills to include an academic setting.
• Experience in building and leading teams.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$40,480 - $43,797.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
Open until further notice.