Program Coordinator, Sr - Front Counter Operations
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Financial Aid
posted on July 11, 2012
• Northern Arizona University is seeking a Program Coordinator who is committed to the Enrollment Management and Student Affairs values of student service, integrity, valuing human difference, engagement, sustainability, responsibility and excellence.
• This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the Financial Aid Office core values (Service, Empowerment, Professionalism and Honest and Respectful Communication) and supports the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs strategic plan.
• Will involve heavy workloads during peak operations in the office, requiring work beyond normal hours.
• Provide leadership, direction, supervision, training, scheduling and evaluation for the front counter/reception area that consists of two financial aid specialists and 15-20 student employees.
• Utilizing a solid knowledge of Title IV financial aid, Arizona policies, and NAU's PeopleSoft system, this position will provide excellent customer service to students, parents, and other interested constituents on all areas of federal, state, and NAU financial aid programs.
• Employ a higher understanding of federal regulations, attention to detail, and heightened analytical skills to evaluate and complete appeals requiring professional judgment, as defined by the Higher Education Act of 1965, as Amended.
• Identify and communicate trends regarding our customers, business processes, and system performance.
• Responsible for all incoming communications via fax, email, mail and phones.
• Monitors telephone queue, emails and student ticketing system to manage incoming communication caseload.
• Confer with and advises staff, students and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions; refer to appropriate department or person when unable to respond.
• Collect and/or analyze financial data on students to determine aid eligibility and make awards within federal, state, and/or institutional guidelines.
• Develop and facilitate workshops, meetings, and coordinate logistics, scheduling and communications.
• Interact and maintain liaison with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating Student Financial Aid program objectives.
• Assist in processing DES, Housing authority, AHCCS, and food stamp applications for students.
• Serve on university committees as assigned.
• Provide excellent customer service and presentation to the campus community, high schools and campus events.
• Assist with Orientation, Discover NAU, and other recruitment activities.
• Required to adhere to cash handling policy.
• Develop and schedule a work plan in accordance with office goals and objectives.
• May require working and travel nights and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
• Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
• Eight years of progressively responsible administrative/ coordinative program experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
• Knowledge of Federal and State Financial Aid programs.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Two years of supervisory experience AND four years of experience in financial aid, student counseling or related experience; OR,
• An equivalent combination of experience, training and/ or education approved by Human Resources.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of government rules, regulations, guidelines, and procedures related to financial aid programs.
• Knowledge of organizational practices.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Experience in public speaking.
• Extensive customer service experience.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$40,480 - $43,797 per year.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
July 24, 2012 at midnight.