Program Coordinator-Part Time
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Col Engineering, For & Nat Sci
posted on September 25, 2012
• This is a Part Time Temporary, Non-Benefit Eligible position that will work 12 - 19 hours per week and will conclude no later than December 1, 2013.
• Not subject to layoff or recall status.
• Please submit a resume and contact information for 3 references with your application.
• This position reports to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in CEFNS.
• The successful candidate will coordinate activities leading up to and through the ABET (formerly known as the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc) accreditation visit in fall, 2013.
• Job duties will include:
• Work with Chairs and Faculty in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and Mechanical Engineering on activities related to ABET accreditation.
• Coordinate with Chairs in CEFNS and NAU administration as needed for collection of ABET required materials and to coordinate ABET visit agenda.
• Coordinate collection of course-related materials for ABET accreditation.
• Convert syllabi and faculty CV's to ABET format.
• Work with the PAIR office to obtain necessary institutional information for ABET self-studies.
• Develop itinerary for ABET visit, make appointments and reservations as needed.
• Coordinate with ABET staff and officials as needed.
• Work with Marketing, EMSA etc. to gather promotional materials needed for self-study and/or ABET visit.
• Supervise student workers who are also working on ABET-related tasks.
• Work with Chairs and NAU Printing on creating sufficient copies of self-studies and assuring correct distribution.
• Work with student services staff to obtain required student transcripts.
• Order materials and supplies as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
• Six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with ABET accreditation.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to commit to this position for a minimum of 14 months.
• Knowledge of University structure.
• Knowledge of engineering and computer science vocabulary and fields.
• Knowledge of organizational practices.
• Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
• Skill in organizing work of self and others.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and with a team.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$16.97 to $17.97 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Open until further notice.