Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Admissions
posted on September 6, 2012
• This position is available to NAU employees only *
• Northern Arizona University is seeking a Program Coordinator who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, engagement, diversity, and health and well-being.
• This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs strategic plan.
• Work within PeopleSoft to create, assign, record, and track out-bound communications to multiple constituencies including, but not limited to; Prospects, Applicants, Admitted, and current students.
• Produce specific communications and/or data files daily.
• In Student Information System:
Create new letter, context, and speed key codes, for new communications
Create new or re-configure existing checklists according to new or updated communication
Assign all checklists daily to prospective, offered, admitted and current students using 3C
Mass Change Process.
Update 3C criteria as necessary (term changes, dates, populations, etc.).
Run Letter Generation process to ¿Complete¿ assigned communications
Process ¿back-end load¿ to record ad hoc communications
• Use various data extraction methods including, but not limited to letter generation and Enterprise Reporting to collect specific data from PeopleSoft to create required data files.
• Use multiple file types including, but not limited to text, csv, and Excel to produce appropriately formatted data for use in Microsoft Word mail merge processes.
• Using US Postal standards and address scrubbing tools, prepare mailing lists for distribution to outside vendors/mail houses, correct addresses within PeopleSoft for future mailings.
• Change/update communication text as needed and maintain documentation of changes.
• Maintain electronic and paper historical samples of all communications produced by category.
• Create and/or maintain communication process documentation.
• Prepare bi-weekly report of communication production.
• Electronically archive daily Letter Generation files.
• Assist in creating a daily, monthly, and annual calendar for processing scheduled and ad hoc communications and ensure work flow and production conforms to set schedule.
• Review uncompleted communications report to determine daily process priority, also considering any scheduled, and unscheduled ad hoc communications.
• Is the back-up for processing all scheduled and ad hoc out-bound email communications.
• Complete Update and Fix testing of business processes, and modifications by scheduled deadlines prior to migrating into PeopleSoft production.
• Document, track and maintain necessary inventory of supplies such as stationery and publications.
• Prepare supply and stationery requisitions to maintain adequate inventories.
• Prepare internal and external work order requests to maintain, update or repair hardware and/or software.
• Supervise Classified Staff, and/or student workers.
• Coordinate with student worker supervisor to schedule processing of mailings, provide instructions, and ensure adequate supply of required materials. Monitor progress and timely completion of jobs.
• Assist with the execution of various department and campus events such as Discover NAU, Orientation, and other events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
• Six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently.
• Skill in coordinating projects, evaluating data and establishing priorities.
• Skill in effective communication.
• Ability to represent the office and the university in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to work with a diverse student, staff and faculty population.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude that will promote a healthy cultural climate in Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation.
• Demonstrated capacity to adapt to change.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft, Business Objects/Enterprise Reporting
• Experience working with data from multiple sources and in various formats including but not limited to TXT, CSV, and Excel files.
• Experience working with MicroSoft Word creating, formatting, and merging documents.
• Familiarity with MicroSoft field coding.
• Knowledge of US Postal Service standards.
• This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per Arizona Revised Statutes, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
• The applicant must possess a valid Arizona drivers' license or be eligible for one by date of hire.
• Northern Arizona University is seeking an Admissions Officer who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, and engagement.
• This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs' strategic plan and uphold the core values (Professionalism, Communication, Intergrity and Trust) of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation.
• Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$34,000 - $36,000 annually.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
September 11, 2012 at midnight.