Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Capital Assets and Services
posted on August 24, 2012
• This position will coordinate the Behavioral Change Program associated with the University wide energy savings project. Coordination may include responsibilities such as administrative, operations, and financial duties.
• There are currently two positions available; one position at 40hrs, and one at 30hrs.
• Work in Coordination with the NORESCO Energy Conservation Through Behavioral Change (ECTBC) consultant team and other university stakeholders to craft a behavioral change program to reduce Student, Faculty, and Staff energy/utility usage. NAU is currently a leader in sustainability. This position will work to further NAU's innovation and leadership in higher education sustainability.
• Manage the ECTBC Student Intern Team.
• Develop and implement a Green Office Certification Program to lower the energy usage and carbon footprint of offices across the university in coordination with ECTBC.
• Work to align campus Green Groups and create a single communication program using Green NAU.
• Develop and manage marketing efforts for this process in coordination with the Office of Sustainability, Facility Services, and the Environmental Caucus.
• Create and implement multi-media educational material related to energy savings and sustainability.
• Align all programs with NAU Facility Services practices and procedures to better utilize the Mountain Campus as a learning laboratory.
• Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
• Six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment.
• Knowledge of NAU's practices and procedures.
• Graphic design, web management, and marketing experience.
• Project management experience including projects related to sustainability.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Previous experience in field appropriate to area of assignment.
• Experience working in a university setting.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Ability to work with multiple department representatives to develop creative solutions to complex challenges.
• Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$24,750- $26,000; 30hrs and $33,000 - 35,500; 40hrs.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
September 6, 2012 at midnight.