Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Assoc V. Provost Acad Affairs
posted on August 4, 2012
• This is a one year only position with the possibility of renewal dependent on funding.
• This position will report to the Coordinator of the Student Success Coaching (SSC) program and support the daily operations of the initiative. Student Success Coaches are current or retired faculty and staff from a variety of fields who are interested in providing one-on-one support to students. The program coordinator will be exposed to life coaching principals and assist coaches in learning and implementing specific strategies with students.
• Support coordinator in implementing overall vision of the program.
• Responsible for coordinating activities and oversight of the daily administrative operations of the program; Including but not limited to matching students, maintaining databases and records through weekly reporting, reviewing EAN notes, updating student and coaching rosters, scheduling meetings, arranging catering, and communications.
• Monitor and record program expenditures; gather supporting documentation required for coaches' stipends.
• Create agenda, attend, and organize all materials for trainings and meetings.
• Coordinate, update, and maintain the Student Success Coaching Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Collect program usage statistics and assist in preparing reports.
• Develop and prepare presentations and updates or other special reports for management.
• Responsible for marketing and publications including the SSC newsletter, Support and oversee development of online materials both for training as well as appropriate websites.
• Develop a positive image of program through contacts with students, parents, staff and faculty.
• Organize the recruitment, application, interview, and hiring process of the coaches.
• Confer with advising staff and coaches to provide problem solving assistance, answer questions, and explain program goals and policies. Refer to appropriate department person when unable to respond.
• Coordinate activities of program with related activities of on campus partners to ensure optimum efficiency.
• Review program effectiveness and assist in devising evaluation methodology and implementation practices; summarize assessment data for decision making purposes.
• Develop networks with campus community to provide resources and networking opportunities for program participants.
• Interact and maintain liaisons with students, faculty, and staff in facilitating program objectives.
• Develop, provide, and/or disseminate resources for coaching staff.
• Participate in university wide committees when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a field related to area of assignment AND two yeas program coordinative experience; OR
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work with a diverse student and employee population.
• Demonstrable attention to detail.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and networking skills.
• Ability to understand the basic academic advising principles specific to NAU.
• Willingness to learn life coaching principals and training requirements.
• Skill in organizing work of self and supporting the questions and needs of others.
• Ability to effectively communicate through various media and with diverse constituents.
• Interviews for this position not eligible for travel reimbursement.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
32,826 - 37,000
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
August 16, 2012 at midnight.