Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Gateway Student Success Center
posted on July 28, 2012
Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Gateway Career Services provides central support for NAU's career services network, as well as career and employment services to students and alumni. This position is part of a team; the successful candidate will focus on strengthening recruiter and campus partnerships and creating and maintaining an effective Gateway and NAU career services web and social media presence.
• Bachelor's degree AND two years of experience in advising, career counseling, program coordination or recruiting; OR
• Six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience, advising or recruiting; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Master's degree in Student Development, Counseling or related, and 1 year experience in advising, career counseling program coordination or recruiting.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of career/life planning and job search processes.
• Ability to work with students and other clients in a one on one advising setting.
• Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing campus initiatives.
• Practice in developing and maintaining successful partnerships within and outside an organization.
• Familiarity with marketing and social media.
• Ability to be flexible, inclusive and collaborative.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Publisher, Adobe Professional, or other applications.
• Ability to interact and work effectively with faculty, students, colleagues and community members of diverse cultural backgrounds, age ranges, and experience levels.
• This employee must be able to demonstrate dependability, creativity, good judgment, professionalism, and dedication to sound principles of student development.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
August 9, 2012 at midnight.