Master Teacher Project Director
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Arizona K-12 Center
posted on August 30, 2012
• This is a full-time position located in Phoenix with some nights, weekends, and extended out of town stays. This position may require out of state of travel and will require in-state travel, including rural parts of Arizona. This position is subject to the availability of funding.
• This position operates out of the Arizona K12 Center and provides direct support to the Arizona Master Teacher Program. This person will be responsible for the promotion and facilitation of the Master Teacher Program as well as the Lesson2Life Program.
• Responsibilities include:
• Promote the Master Teacher Program amongst targeted schools.
• Work with identified schools/districts to outline the program responsibilities and its benefits.
• Provide and/or coordinate professional development/training opportunities for Master Teachers.
• Provide on-going evaluation that will include feedback from participating schools/districts and impact on student achievement.
• Provide progress reports on Master Teacher Program to the Arizona State Board of Education.
• Coordinate program activities with other Arizona K12 Center staff.
• Promote and facilitate Lesson2Life program and work with business partners.
• Supervise program delivery and assess the needs of the group.
• Recognize and solve potential problems and evaluate project/program effectiveness.
• Development and management of Master Teacher application and grant process.
• Site visits to schools throughout Arizona will be required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years K-12 teaching experience.
• Completion of Cognitive Coaching Foundation Seminar or equivalent experiences.
• Completion of Mentor Academy Year One.
• Strong math background.
• National Board Certification and/or Master Teacher.
• Experience Mentoring or Coaching.
• Experience working with and/or in diverse communities and training adult learners.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the Arizona's Master Teacher Program
• Knowledge of Arizona's Induction Program Standards
• Knowledge of National Board Certification process and Standards
• Knowledge of Learning Forward's Standards for Professional Learning
• Excellent supervisory, organizational, and training skills
• Skill in program development and execution
• Skill in coordinating activities, evaluating data, and establishing priorities
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Excellent computer skills and ability to use MS Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) in a Mac environment.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Awareness and commitment to NAU's EEO/Affirmative Action and Safe Working and Learning Environment Goals
• Ability to analyze problems and make well-reasoned, sound decisions
• Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
• Understanding and ability to apply the InTASC Model Core Teaching Standards in practice
• Must be able to travel
• Related grant experience is helpful
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$57,000 - $64,000.
September 27, 2012 at midnight.