Marketing Specialist, Assoc
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Campus Services and Activities
posted on July 12, 2012
• This position requires long shifts outside of normal business hours including nights and weekends.
• At times this position may require successful candidate to safetly lift, carry and push heavy concert and event equipment.
• Plan and execute specific marketing programs focused on multiple Social Media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Scvnger, Four Square and other appropriate outlets for promotion.
• Plan and execute specific marketing programs focused on print-based materials including flyers, posters, newspaper ads, hand-outs, and materials and publicity for campus events and other programs related to the goals of Campus Services and Activities.
• Plan and execute marketing programs focused on web and other electronic-based materials including web-videos and viral marketing for campus events and other programs related to the goals of Campus Services and Activities.
• Coordinate, monitor, and supervise the activities of the SUN Entertainment student advertisers to plan and execute marketing programs.
• Establish and set goals and deadlines and ensure these are met by the student advertising staff.
• Prepare and maintain a master calendar of events for use in coordinating multiple marketing and advertising efforts.
• Work with student advertising staff to create campaigns for upcoming events, including but not limited to AfterHours, concerts, comedians, film program, and other campus-wide events.
• In conjunction with student staff build and maintain social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc.
• Maintain SUN Entertainment website.
• Implement and manage text message based advertising campaigns.
• Work with local and national vendors to coordinate media placement in local print publications, radio stations and television.
• Develops and recommends new and innovative marketing strategies for campus activities.
• Develop and oversee a student ¿street¿ team to help market events at booths in the student unions and exterior pedway locations.
• Attend Discover NAU's, Orientations and other campus and community outreach sessions as a SUN Entertainment representative.
• Manage all aspects of the SUN Entertainment promotional items and materials campaigns including brochures and marketing giveaway items.
• Assist other departments within Campus Service and Activities with marketing, publication design, and website maintenance.
• Attend and supervise multiple SUN Entertainment events throughout the semester including nights and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or related field AND one year experience in development of comprehensive marketing plans or advertising, OR
Five years experience in the development of comprehensive marketing plans or advertising OR
Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Knowledge in multiple forms of media creation and placement.
• Knowledge in Adobe CS5 design and publishing software.
• Supervisory skills and experience working with students.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the practices and principles of marketing and advertising.
• Knowledge of the practices and principles of video and print based advertising production.
• Knowledge of event management and production.
• Skill in organizing the work of self and others.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work hours outside of normal business hours.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
July 25, 2012 at midnight.