Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Postal Services
posted on August 10, 2012
Receives, sorts, processes and routes incoming and outgoing mail for university mail services or large department.
This is first in a series of four classifications and is distinguished from the Mail Clerk, Lead in that it does not have lead responsibilities. Incumbents in this classification may be required to move mail flats/bags weighing up to 70 lbs and walk considerable distances each day. Work is performed within pickup and delivery deadlines.
• Collects sorts and delivers incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental mail; operates various mail vehicles.
• Receives and sorts campus or department mail by departments and prepares bundles of mail parcels for delivery.
• Receives and sorts outgoing U.S. mail; meters mail and processes for delivery to U.S. Postal Service; operates mail metering machines and electronic accounting system.
• Processes all classes of mail including express mail and private carriers to ensure adherence to proper size, weight, postage and other postal requirements.
• Receives and processes incoming and outgoing insured, certified, express and registered mail and parcels according to postal regulations.
• Locates proper addresses and makes corrections for misdirected mail; forwards student mail according to United States Postal Service regulations.
• Sells postage stamps and money orders; hands out packages, certified and registered mail when assigned to service station.
• Closes out cash drawer, money orders and postage meter at end of shift.
• Prepares and processes necessary paperwork related to mail services; maintains records on quantities and descriptions of materials received and distributed.
• Performs other duties as required such as delivery of supplies dependent on area or department of assignment.
• Sorts and delivers mail to student dorms and/or mail boxes.
• No prior experience required.
• Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of postal regulations.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
August 23, 2012 at midnight.