End-User Computing Spec, Intmd
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, W A Franke College of Business
posted on July 4, 2012
This position is located in Flagstaff, Arizona, in NAU's W.A. Franke College of Business. The successful candidate will work as a member of a four-person IT team. This is a one-year position, with the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
• Manages the IT Help Desk, including: managing the Help Desk's day-to-day activities; hire, train, develop student workers for Help Desk duties; assist faculty, staff, and students with technology needs; answer questions and resolve problems.
• Consults with and advises computer users in The W.A. Franke College of Business (FCB), including the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management (HRM), in the use of computing equipment, software, peripherals, and other technologies.
• Manages classroom technologies (lecterns, projectors, A/V systems, etc.).
• Manages all desktop PC hardware, including printers & laptops.
• Writes, updates, and/or reviews detailed user documentation and manuals for applications/programs; distributes or arranges distribution of system documentation.
• Installs and/or assists in installation of software packages and/or equipment to include configuration of software/hardware.
• Develops, implements, and provides training services to academic and other campus users.
• Writes articles, news releases and on-line help messages to notify customers of new software/hardware releases, system changes, updates or innovative ways of using software.
• Assists in review and analysis of new and revised system specifications for completeness and compatibility with present software applications and system capabilities.
• Coordinates and oversees IT inventory, and acts as inventory liaison with NAU's Property Administration department.
• Develop scripting programs to automate/improve administrative tasks.
• Administers the Microsoft's Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) Program.
• Manages domain, accounts, OUs, users, group policy, and security groups.
• Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems or related field AND three years systems and/or programming experience; OR,
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or related field AND two years systems and/or programming experience; OR,
• Four years of systems and/or programming experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of computer operating procedures and techniques.
• Experience with using and administering Windows desktop and server operating systems.
• Experience working with enterprise virtualized environments (XenServer, VMWare, etc.).
• Experience troubleshooting both hardware, software, and networking issues.
• Knowledge of networking and security principles.
• Knowledge of programming and scripting languages and standards.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
July 17, 2012 at midnight.