Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Parking Services
posted on July 18, 2012
• Drives a bus, tram or van to transport passengers along a scheduled route on campus.
• Drives a bus, tram or van to transport passengers to university events locally or within the state.
• Drives a van to transport disabled students.
• Performs service and maintenance of university vehicles such as cleaning interior and exterior, changing oil and lubing vehicle or changing tires and light bulbs.
• Makes pre-trip inspection of vehicle in compliance with state regulations.
• Locates and picks up vehicle parts.
• Maintains cleanliness of station and garage area.
• Keeps vehicle and passenger logs.
• Schedule and organize CDL training.
• Conducts bi-weekly vehicle inspection including pre/ post-trip reviews.
• Assist in strategic planning as requested.
• Coordinate the work of lower-level drivers including student drivers.
• Coordinates daily operations for CT in absence of supervisor.
• Three years of experience driving buses, trams or passenger vans; or any combination of passenger driving experience with a former chauffeur's drivers license; AND, One year of relevant supervisory/office management experience; AND,
• Possession of a valid Arizona Class D driver's license upon employment; AND,
• Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B or Class C upon employment; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Note: Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B or Class C is not required if the vehicle transports 1-15 passengers.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of motor vehicle laws.
• Skill in operating a bus, van or tram.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
• Knowledge of office management practices.
• Knowledge of parking and tram operations and procedures.
• Skill in organizing work activities and people.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
NOTE: If this position requires a CDL the following stipulations must be included in the job description:
A pre-employment drug screening must be passed prior to incumbent beginning job functions. Incumbents in this position are subject to routine drug screening.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$22,246 - $34,762
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
July 31, 2012 at midnight.