Data Input Operator
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Gear-Up
posted on July 13, 2012
• This position is subject to grant funding. Incumbent is not eligible for layoff or recall status;
• Position is located in NAU North Valley Phoenix Offices (15601 N. 28th Ave., Suite 136 / Phoenix, AZ 85053)
• This is a classified staff position primarily responsible for data entry associated with established Action Plans for a US Office of Education ("GEAR UP") grant. The incumbent works under the supervision of the Arizona GEAR UP Assistant Director of Research and Evaluation to enter student-level academic and participation data into a central database.
• Description of Duties:
• Enters records, precoded or open format data from source documents into computer using an electronic keyboard or optical scanner.
• Deletes data entry errors and enters corrections.
• Verifies entered data ensuring accuracy.
• Logs source documents and maintains records of work completed.
• Runs routine reports and disseminates these according to established procedures.
• Utilizes appropriate commands to produce reports and compile or extract needed information from data base.
• Reviews source documents to determine accuracy and completeness of information; codes and/or corrects coding of data.
• Updates records by deleting, changing or adding data to files.
• Performs duties such as compiling, sorting and counting data to be entered.
• Associate's Degree in business or related field;
• Six months experience operating data entry equipment; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of typing and data entry procedures and methods.
• Skill in operating an electronic keyboard or other data entry devices.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) is a federally funded college access program started in 1999. The purpose of GEAR UP is to significantly increase the number of students from low-income communities who graduate from high school prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary edcuation. Northern Arizona University (NAU) administered both the GEAR UP State Grant and a Partnership Grant from 200-2006. In July 2006, NAU was awarded a second State Grant for the period 2006-2012. In April 2012, NAU was awarded federal funds to administer Arizona GEAR UP 2012-2019 on behalf of the State. Grantees serve an entire class of students beginning in grade seven, and follow the cohort through high school and the first year of college.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
August 9, 2012 at midnight.