Data Input Operator, Senior
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Admissions
posted on July 10, 2012
• Northern Arizona University is seeking a Data Input Operator, Sr. who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, engagement.
• This position is housed in the Document Imaging Department for Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation.
• May involve heavy workloads during peak operations in the office, requiring work beyond normal hours; non-standard work hours may also be required.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the
employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the Division of Enrollment Management and
Student Affairs strategic plan and uphold the core values (Professionalism, Communication, Integrity and Trust) of the Office of
Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation.
• Evaluates, certifies and reviews complex documents for Enrollment Services; includes financial aid documents and admission documents.
• Verify accuracy and authenticity of documents and consistency of data from transcripts, federal tax returns, and other verification documents; perform data analysis to identify discrepancies in data and determines action for resolution.
• Design and maintain transcript and other document templates for OCR verification.
• Request additional information for incomplete or inconsistent applications to perform accurate analysis.
• Perform various types of data loads into the PeopleSoft system.
• Enters records, pre-coded or open format date from source documents into the system, verifying for accuracy.
• Process admissions applications according to federal, state and institutional guidelines and regulations; assists with necessary research to verify residency status, admission status or status of transfer credit.
• Answer questions, inquiries or requests of students, parents, eligible agencies, or staff in person, in writing or by telephone regarding document imaging processes.
• Maintains computerized student files by imputing information, changes, corrections or new awards into the database.
• Participate in the annual audit of student records and record retention requirements.
• Responds to inquiries regarding status.
• Prepare reports as needed.
• Verify validity of documents and track student documents for the offices in Enrollment Services.
• Assist in the execution of all transfer and freshmen new student orientation programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*One year of experience operating data entry equipment; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
• Associate's degree in a field related to area of assignment .
• One year experience in data processing environment
• Ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Hershey Singularity, Hyland OnBase or other related imaging software.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of automated processing.
• Data entry and computer experience.
• Knowledge of Enrollment Services processes.
• Skill in entering data accurately.
• High proficiency with MS Office software systems or similar software systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
Open until further notice.