Credentials Evaluator, Senior
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Admissions
posted on July 14, 2012
• Northern Arizona University is seeking a Credentials Evaluator who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, engagement, diversity, and health and well-being.
• This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs strategic plan and uphold the core values (Professionalism, Communication, Integrity and Trust) of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation.
• 32hrs per week.
• Examines and evaluates complex academic records/credentials of students apply for admission to the university. Evaluates and certifies complex credentials and transcripts.
• Determines the acceptance of credit for liberal studies and adjusts credit in accordance with policy. Posts transfer, test, and other credit using information from loads, hard copy or images, including lists from departments.
• Assists with the testing of modifications and updates to the student information system (PeopleSoft), reporting issues and recommending changes. Assists with the testing of modifications and updates to the student information system (PeopleSoft), reporting issues and recommending changes.
• Verifies documents in imaging system.
• Assist in the execution of all transfer and freshman new student orientation programs. Enters records, pre-coded or open format data from source documents into the computer, verifying for accuracy.
• Updates records to include deleting, changing or adding data.
• Interprets university policies and recommends changes to policies and/or procedures.
• Assists with necessary research to verify residency status, admission status, or status of transfer credit.
• Maintains computerized student files by entering updates and/or deleting records as required.
• Performs various clerical functions in order to maintain electronic files, process paperwork, prepare reports and fulfill information request.
• Ensures authenticity of documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years of clerical experience, including one year of data entry experience OR
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Knowledge of Undergraduate Admissions procedures.
• Bachelor's degree.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Data entry and computer experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of and skill in office procedures.
• Ability to represent the department to customers and peers in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
July 26, 2012 at midnight.