Coordinator, Marketing Programs
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Marketing Department
posted on September 25, 2012
• The University Marketing Department of Northern Arizona University seeks an experienced digital marketer who can help the university maintain a top-tier web presence. This position is located at our Flagstaff campus.
• Provide thought leadership in the realms of web content strategy, content monitoring and measurement, and user experience.
• Lead projects related to web content strategy development and execution, social media content development and management, and research.
• Facilitate web strategy consulting sessions with university departments, and work with university personnel to develop strategies related to web content creation and governance.
• Oversee web content writing and editing team to ensure standards for quality and accuracy are met.
& Manage multiple, complex multi-faceted projects to meet key milestones within budget.
• Assist with strategic and tactical aspects of electronic media marketing programs.
• Develop, create and publish content in support of internal communications efforts related to electronic media marketing programs.
• Assist with major, strategic, university-wide brand and marketing initiatives.
• Lead external vendors such as marketing services firms, writers, and printers as needed.
• Track and measure the results of all marketing tactics and programs.
• Manage relationships with key university stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to area of assignment AND four years administrative/coordinative program experience.
• Master's degree in relevant field AND two years experience in area of assignment OR
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
• Proven ability think creatively about using digital media.
• A strong understanding of (and advocate for) web content strategy, user experience, digital marketing, and social media strategy.
• Proven success in converting web content.
• Strong personnel management skills.
• Strong, proven project management skills.
• A commitment to meeting deadlines and budgets.
• Commitment to quality and accuracy of work.
• Strong problem-solving and resourcefulness.
• Proven ability to measure results and recommend adjustments and improvements.
• Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously while maintaining high quality performance.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong initiative and ability to produce good work with minimal direction.
• Impactful writing and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of critical success factors of the marketing mix and how they interrelate.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$44,000.00 - $50,500.00
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr .
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each fiscal year according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found on the Internet at: https://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy&/….
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, and you choose the ASRS retirement option, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 27 weeks (6 months) after your start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days after start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
Open until further notice.