Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Alumni Relations
posted on August 7, 2012
• The Office of Alumni Relations at Northern Arizona University seeks an experienced communicator to join a dynamic team.
• Resume and cover letter need to accompany application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Primary responsibilities include:
• Coordinate, direct and manage print and electronic communications for the Office of Alumni Relations; including writing, editing and producing for all alumni outreach communications and publications.
• Develop and meet the goals of the communication plan for the Office of Alumni Relations and University Advancement; including writing and content management for alumni social media, development and maintenance of content.
• Write, edit and hold responsibility for management of the alumni website, including content development and maintenance.
• Develop graphics with Adobe creative suite for web, print and social media use.
• Produce photo and video projects.
• Analyze and review the effectiveness of the vast array of communication methods and vehicles.
• Demonstrate self-direction to initiate independent coordination and management of external communications.
• Provide consultation and support to external and internal constituents, including alumni, donors and university department contacts.
• Manage and respond to all contacts for online alumni inquiries, including email, web and social media.
• Provide marketing and event coordination support for alumni outreach activities.
• Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND three years communications/writing/social media/website experience; OR,
• Six years of progressively responsible communications and coordinative program experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Previous work experience in an education setting.
• Demonstrated, successful writing experience.
• Proven social media strategy experience.
• Multimedia journalism/public relations experience including use of high-end camera for photos and videos.
• Knowledge of Adobe creative suite, including Adobe premier for video editing and After Effects for creating graphics.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Skill in program development and execution of a variety of communication plans and strategies.
• Strong, effective, diplomatic writing and verbal communication skills.
• Able to analyze problems and make well-reasoned, sound decisions.
• Knowledge of and the ability to manage social media outlets.
• A commitment to the importance of meeting deadlines.
• Experience with media campaigns, especially web-based and other electronic media.
• Effective messaging skills and attention to detail.
• Strong and proven project management skills.
• Problem-solving abilities and resourcefulness.
• Commitment to quality, accuracy and service.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, HTML, web content management systems.
• Demonstrated skill in collaboration, ability to multi-task, time-management, teamwork and exhibit personal initiative.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$44,000 - $50,000 depending upon qualifications.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr .
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each fiscal year according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found on the Internet at: https://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy&/….
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, and you choose the ASRS retirement option, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 27 weeks (6 months) after your start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days after start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
September 5, 2012 at midnight.