Computer Programmer, Assistant
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Extended Campuses
posted on July 27, 2012
• Position located on the Flagstaff Mountain Campus in Flagstaff, AZ.
• This position reports to the Application Systems Analyst, Programmer, Sr.
• This position requires the ability, with or without accommodation, to meet Arizona Administrative Code Fleet Safety Policy requirements as occasional travel is required.
• Weekend and evening hours may occasionally be required.
• A letter of interest, resume and three professional references must be included with the online application.
• Participates in on-the-job and formal training sessions concerning the design, writing and testing of computer programs.
• Participates in the design, testing and documentation phases of programs of moderate complexity and/or independently performs the design, testing and documentation phases of the more standard or routine programs assigned.
• Translates predetermined logic into appropriate programming language.
• Utilizes standard reference, resource or procedural materials to resolve problems.
• Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field; OR,
• One year computer programming experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Experience with object oriented programs such as .NET, C#, SQL and relational databases.
• Experience designing, programming and maintaining web-based applications, including reports, using HTML, ASP.NET, C#, CC.Net, Subversion, Reporting Services and other appropriate technologies for public websites, administrative intranet, content management systems, prospecting and communication systems and other projects.
• Experience in programming relational database applications, including SQL, MS SQL Server.
• Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of information processing systems.
• Skill in writing computer code in various languages or in language of assignment.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to accomplish assigned work accurately, creatively, and on deadline; to possess initiative, sound judgment and self-confidence; and to work collaboratively, effectively, and harmoniously with other adults in an educational setting.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$28,826 - $31,397 depending on experience.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
August 9, 2012 at midnight.