Business Analyst Sr
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Comptroller's Office
posted on September 18, 2012
Northern Arizona University is seeking a Business Analyst who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, engagement, health and well-being.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization.
The Business Analyst provides business representation and technical support for NAU's PeopleSoft Financials initiative. The person in this position is a member of the Financial Information Team and serves as a liaison between the Comptroller's Office, the Student Administration system (LOUIE), Human Resource (HRMS) system and Information Technology Services. The Business Analyst will work with processing offices and the Financial Information Team to recommend, design and implement business solutions. Northern Arizona University's Business Analysts are the functional system experts of the Oracle/PeopleSoft system. They have functional knowledge and experience as well as an in-depth understanding of the processes and data flows of the Oracle/PeopleSoft system. Their business process expertise ensures that the Oracle/PeopleSoft system is implemented and maintained in a way that best supports the business of the University, including Purchasing, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Budget, Travel and Fixed Asset functionality. The Business Analyst provides leadership and management on large-scale initiatives. The person in this position will have experience with the Oracle/PeopleSoft system, including an understanding of process and data flow.
The Business Analyst provides business representation for the financials offices impacted by the University's PeopleSoft Financials system. The Business Analyst participates on a project team on large-scale initiatives.
Common Job Duties and Functions:
• Analyzes PeopleSoft Financials application and issues related to the financials module.
• In coordination with the Financial Information Team, other administrative business analysts, the Financial Application System Team and functional officers users, identifies and investigates PeopleSoft Financials problems, issues, and circumstances and provides recommendations, alternatives, risks, and benefits of system modification to Project Management.
• Monitors and manages Oracle cases, updates, fixes, and enhancements leading to documents, reports, and strategic planning for the use of new or enhanced techniques, methods, processes, and practices.
• Coordinates system and integration testing of PeopleSoft Financials updates/fixes and upgrades.
• Works collaboratively with the Enterprise Reporting Solutions (ERS) team to define data needs and design reports for campus use.
• Executes work priorities in accordance with project planning time sensitivity, changing work demands, and NAU policies and practices.
• Represents functional areas on issues related to data integrity.
• Coordinates user support for questions or issues related to core functional area responsibilities.
• Assists with identifying and assigning data entry tasks and assumes on-call responsibilities for financials issues discovered off-hours.
• Provides subject matter expertise associated with content, processes, and procedures related to the financials system, data content and data integrity.
• Coordinates user support for questions or issues related to financial processes.
• Manages financial setup within the PeopleSoft Financials system.
• Provides guidance and instruction on business processes and procedures, including, but not limited to, the use of PeopleTools, PS Query, and SQL for basic Business Analyst research.
• Leads the effort in the creation and maintenance of training materials and documentation for the financials components.
• Contributes to the conceptual design of information systems to support data records management by conducting needs analysis, documenting business requirements and recommending business process solutions.
• Provides technical and functional support to business offices by creating and/or analyzing information in support of planning and decision making.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field AND five years of demonstrated experience in college/university business process work which includes three years of experience in procedural, technical, management or systems analysis work related to Oracle/PeopleSoft HRMS and/or Student Administration systems; OR,
• Bachelor's degree in a related field AND four years of experience in procedural, technical, management or systems analysis work related to Oracle/PeopleSoft HR/Payroll and/ or Student Administration systems, OR;
• Seven years of demonstrated experience supporting college/university business process; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• An understanding of Northern Arizona University¿s student, financial and HR/Payroll business processes and policies, and/or an understanding of the PeopleSoft Financials application and its integration with the PeopleSoft Student Administration and HRMS & applications.
• Working knowledge of the Comptroller's Office including Purchasing, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Budget, Travel and Fixed Asset processes and/or a working knowledge of the PeopleSoft Financial modules that support such processes.
• Experience providing front-line support to NAU users.
• Proven ability to efficiently work in a team environment and bring projects to a timely completion.
• Ability to interact with individuals from a wide variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the Oracle Financials functionality and capabilities.
• Understanding of the interactions between the support units and other business areas.
• Demonstrated skill in effective communication with the ability to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures; and, to interact with customers, technical and functional team members and management.
• Strong oral presentation and written communication skills.
• Skill in thoroughly carrying out, reviewing, and reporting all aspects of the work.
• Skill in taking initiative within area of responsibility.
• Skill in understanding interrelationships of work/project assignments and seeking coordination and integrating planning, decisions, and outcomes.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding time management skills.
• Strong customer and human relations skills.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft products and tools, and skill in a variety of PeopleSoft techniques, methods, processes, and practices.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$60,000 - $65,000 based on knowledge and experience.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr .
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each fiscal year according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found on the Internet at: https://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy&/….
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, and you choose the ASRS retirement option, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 27 weeks (6 months) after your start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days after start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
October 17, 2012 at midnight.