Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Financial Aid
posted on October 3, 2012
• Northern Arizona University is seeking an Operations and Technical Analyst who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, engagement, diversity, health and well-being.
• This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs strategic plan.
• Will involve heavy workloads during peak operations in the office, requiring work beyond normal hours; non-standard work hours will also be required.
• Reports to the Associate Director of Operations.
• Demonstrates professional behaviors and attitudes that support the university's mission and goals.
• Manages and supports PeopleSoft Financial Aid production processing on a daily basis, ensuring quality control, troubleshooting errors and generating solutions as needed. Proves status/data reports and makes suggestions for process improvements.
• Analyzes and develops expertise in Oracle/PeopleSoft functions (including current and upcoming modules) related to the Registrar's Office.
• Assists the Associate Director with Academic Year Set-Up, creating budgets, and packaging plans for the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
• Generates query reports providing process and student data.
• Coordinates all system testing within the office.
• Consults with customers to define system requirements, identify programming and output requirements and verify preliminary design and output. Review and evaluate system functionality to identify technical solutions. Confers with clients to review project plans and schedules, secure approval of test results and discuss problems or concerns.
• Identify and respond to end-user questions, issues and service opportunities. Coordinate user support for questions or issues related to Registrar's Office responsibilities.
• Executes work priorities in accordance with project planning time sensitivity, changing work demands and NAU policies and practices.
• Responsible for running packaging.
• Trouble shoots student issues in the PeopleSoft system, when appropriate.
• Acts as a technical resource to the Operations staff.
• Updates procedures as needed and post to appropriate document library.
• Routinely and independently makes and implements decisions to accomplish divisional goals and objectives while working under the guides of Federal and University policy.
• Be responsible for providing a secure confidential environment for student records and other confidential information.
• Required to adhere to cash handling policy.
• Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of supported business units.
• Bachelor's Degree; AND,
• One year of financial aid experience; AND,
• One year of PeopleSoft experience.
• Bachelor's Degree; AND,
• Three year of financial aid experience; AND,
• Three year of PeopleSoft experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work independently and apply analytical skills to make decisions, in accordance with federal regulations.
• Attentive to detail.
• Skilled in mathematical calculations.
• Excellent skill in using personal computers, Microsoft Office and office equipment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Well defined multi-tasking skills.
• Proficient customer service skills to include an academic setting.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$48,000 - $54,000
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr .
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each fiscal year according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found on the Internet at: https://azregents.asu.edu/rrc/Policy&/….
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, and you choose the ASRS retirement option, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 27 weeks (6 months) after your start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of the pay period following 90 days after start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
October 31, 2012 at midnight.