Administrative Specialist, Sr.
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Schl of Earth Sci & Env Sust
posted on October 2, 2012
• This is a part time benefit eligible position. Hours are from 1-5 pm Monday thru Friday.
• Time will be split between two different buildings/offices.
Provides Administrative support to the School/Departments:
• To include office duties of answering phones, photocopying, record-keeping, filing and assist faculty/students with completing various forms which include, but are not limited to: NAU vehicle forms, Federal Express/UPS airbills, Travel Authorization worksheets and Records of Absences.
• Assist students, faculty and visitors with varied and numbers questions, problems, policies and situations related to the programs, school and university operations.
• Utilize the University financial system functions to generate all types of purchasing, travel, fund transfer and reimbursement documents for the School and personnel. This will include document input, tracking and closure.
• Distribute orders and mail with appropriate follow up regarding these items as needed.
• Procure/Create correspondence, class materials, manuscripts, reports and forms as needed. Maintenance of School business office files.
• Assist with the Undergraduate, Graduate and PHD program advisors assignments for the school.
• Oversee office operations during the absence of the Admin Assoc. or Prog Coord. Sr.
• Process/approve/enter hours for time slips received for grant research projects and perform activities as back up in Admin Associate or Prog Coord Sr's absence.
• Produce and process electronic Personnel Action Requests per faculty or supervisor instruction.
• Maintain School Alumni/donor mailing and email lists.
• Provide minor office equipment maintenance Generate work/service orders as needed for office equipment and for building issues.
Maintenance of School Graduate/PHD student records:
• Assist School Graduate program advisors with new applicant processing systems, process assistantship, award letters and scholarship forms as instructed and perform other related duties as requested by program advisors.
• Generate appropriate paperwork to change funding, add funding or move payroll expenses as instructed.
• Assist graduate/Phd students with program-related issues throughout their academic tenure.
• Assign and arrange mailboxes and maintain current phone/email/office list and distribute lists.
Other duties and special projects as appropriate and reasonable for the position
• Three years of office/clerical experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working in a university environment.
• Experience with PeopleSoft computer systems.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
• Skill in word processing and use of personal computers/software.
• Skill in composing letters and preparing reports.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
October 16, 2012 at midnight.