Administrative Specialist, Sr.
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Col Engineering, For & Nat Sci
posted on July 10, 2012
This is a one-year position, with the possibility of becoming a permanent position. Ocassional off hours and weekend work may be required.
• Serves as primary assistant to the Executive Director of the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management.
* Maintains calendar(s) for Executive Director, regularly prioritizing and arranging meetings, conferences and appointments; arranges necessary travel reservations and itineraries.
* Serves as building manager for facilities under the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Schedules all HRM classes and assist faculty with student management system questions and grade input.
• Assists faculty and staff with responsibilities for building relationships with potential donors to the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management and with potential employers of HRM students.
• Processes personnel forms for faculty, staff and student workers.
• Answers, screens and directs incoming phone calls and face to face inquiries.
• Serves as liaison to faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents, outside agencies and the public concerning information or complaints.
• Supervise the front desk for the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management, including hiring and training student workers.
• Order and maintain all office supplies for faculty and staff.
• Coordinate major HRM events, including Casino Night and the annual Golf Tournament
Analyzes and resolves problems or provides assistance to others; authorizes exceptions to policy within defines limits.
• On-site computer software assistance for faculty and staff. VISTA course assistance and building.
• Performs a variety of administrative support activities for work unity such as composing replies to correspondence on own initiative, interpreting and explaining established policy and procedure in response to inquiries from a variety of sources, summarizing reports and information to facilitate review by superior and investigating, evaluating and resolving problems within scope of position.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of policies practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
• Skill in word processing and use of personal computers/software.
• Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of basic record keeping procedures.
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
• Skill in composing letters and preparing reports.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$25,013 - $26,500
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
July 23, 2012 at midnight.