Administrative Specialist, Sr.
Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Ctr Science Teaching & Learn
posted on July 4, 2012
The Center for Science Teaching and Learning is a teaching, research, evaluation, and materials resource for science faculty and students across NAU campus, for K-12 science teachers, and for informal educators statewide. The CSTL provides leadership in and coordination of science education professional development, as well as coordination of numerous academic programs for science and mathematics preservice and inservice secondary teachers. These include NAUTeach, MAST, MAT-S, and C-MOST. The CSTL is responsible for the recruitment, advisement and student teaching placement and supervision for secondary mathematics and science preservice teachers.
The CSTL is looking to fill our Materials Manager position. This position works closely with faculty, staff, and students to provide resources needed for workshops, courses, and student presentations.The Materials Manager provides support and processing functions for a curriculum and materials library, instruction, and professional development services (including inputting and maintaining database, inventoring kits and books, replenishing materials, and preparing materials for workshops). The center is looking to fill this position with a candidate who is organized, self-motivated, and enjoys working as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises the maintenance of science kits and supplies by attending to the following: maintains and replenishes kit and bin materials, prepares kits and materials for workshop use, responds to staff and student request for materials.
• Maintains a general inventory of CSTL supplies, computer equipment and other equipment and materials.
• Schedules the use of media/AV equipment.
• Supervises the maintenance of a library and curriculum collection.
• Maintains a variety of records from three databases: professional development, curriculum library, inventory of equipment and supplies. .
• Plans and prioritizes work load to meet deadlines.
• Assists staff with special projects as directed.
• Three years of office/clerical experience: or
• Any equivalent combination of education and office/warehouse experience.
• Valid Arizona driver's license.
• Associate degree or two yrs. college education.
• Experience in working with curriculum materials in science and education.
• Experience in organizing curriculum collections.
• Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students--including presentation skills.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of database programs.
• Skill in the operation of office machines including personal computers, phones, copiers, etc.
• Skill in recording and compiling materials for reports.
• Skill in problem solving.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse bachgrounds.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$25,500 - $28,000
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
July 17, 2012 at midnight.