Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Graduate College
posted on August 4, 2012
• Provide general information in response to inquiries and requests about graduate admissions and processes from walk-ins, telephone or by email; may interpret department policy, procedure and operations; evaluating and resolving problems within scope of position; refers highly technical inquiries to appropriate staff in the Graduate College or specific inquiries about programs to department staff across campus; serves as a liaison to faculty, staff, students, alumni, outside agencies and the public concerning information or complaints.
• Prepares correspondence, reports and similar materials from rough copy or drafts; composes standard correspondence.
Data Management/Data Entry:
• Records new student prospect information in PeopleSoft.
• Serves as a backup for processing online applications and admission recommendations.
• Processes applications. Part of processing includes determining residency, processing documentation for citizenship verification (Prop 300), posting credit card payments, and sending privacy forms to students as requested, changing majors and discontinuing applications.
• Serves as backup for creating files for new applicants and processing incoming transcripts.
• Assemble, research and summarize information from various resources; compile data or calculate simple statistics to prepare special or recurring reports for supervisor or other work unit members. Reviews information to ensure accuracy and may investigate errors to resolve discrepancies.
• Performs simple bookkeeping duties and accepts payments and maintain log of payment received.
• Tracks and maintains records and status of processes used in department in relation to Citizenship Verification; follows up on processes or items as needed.
• Decrypts and enters test scores in PeopleSoft.
• Processes and distributes incoming mail including deliveries from Fed Ex, etc., forms and general information requested by visitors, applicants, students or the general public.
• Prepares work orders, supply requisitions, requests for special data or similar actions within established limits and procedures; obtains appropriate signatures; post announcements in display case.
• Files and cross-indexes documents and correspondence alphabetically, numerically or by another prescribed method.
• Participates in special projects with staff as directed.
• Maintains others' schedules as instructed and makes tentative appointments; makes arrangement for meetings by scheduling facilities and services according to instructions from supervisor.
• Operate copiers, calculators, personal computers, fax machines, or other basic office equipment.
• Maintains inventory for computers and printers.
• One year of secretarial/clerical experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Experience in an educational setting.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of generic office procedures and practices.
• Skill in basic arithmetic, grammar and spelling.
• Skill in general record keeping.
• Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones and copiers.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$21,116 - $25,000
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
August 16, 2012 at midnight.