Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Information Tech Services
posted on August 2, 2012
• This position serves as a liaison between NAU Human Resources Department and the Information Technology Services department's employees. It is designed to provide support for the ITS Department in areas of recruitment, benefit information, leaves, employer relations, and serves as the department timekeeper. The Administrative Associate positions also provides support in the accounting and administrative functions for Information Technology Services administration and staff.
• Provides direct assistance to the ITS management group in recruitment efforts. Prepares position announcements, revises job descriptions, advertisements, and information materials for recruitment; maintains records in support of the university affirmative action program.
• Provides direct assistance to ITS Hiring Committees on hiring matrices, interview questions, reference checking, and the hiring process (offer letter, moving expenses, background checks, fingerprinting).
• Manages all recruiting paperwork (applications, resumes, letters, hiring forms etc.) required in the hiring process.
• Manages ITS Jobs website on an as needed basis.
• Prepare reimbursement of moving expenses for new employees.
• Assists with new employee orientation.
• Coordinates and assembles the Hire Smart Packets for all ITS job vacancies.
• Maintains familiarization with department position and salary information. Provides reports to assist with annual market salary comparisons. (Mercer Survey) Participate in annual Workforce Planning.
• Maintains and tracks completion of department personnel evaluations, provides process advice and proactively assists ITS leadership with achieving deadlines.
• Acts as a resource for ITS employees regarding the university policy and procedures, benefits, leaves, and employee relations.
• Acts as department timekeeper. Resolves accrual discrepancies and ensures other pay deadlines are met.
• Review and process new student hire paperwork, background checks, and provide final approvals for student online time, and assigns and update Supervisor's students for online time.
• Manages employee accrual (ROA) entry and reporting.
• Prepares ePAR forms, Supplemental Pay, for all personnel hires and changes.
• Provides outstanding customer services to staff, students and college at large.
• Assists with hires, supervises, and trains student employees in front office work activities.
• Prepares, maintains and distributes student payroll reports for department administrators and supervisors.
• Enters and monitors purchase requisitions, department transfers and receiving documents for payment.
• Assists fiscal operations manager with purchases, deposits, travel reimbursement and all other accounting functions.
• Communicates University travel policy set by the University and the Board of Regents, ITS and Telecom staff. Assures all department travelers adhere to policy and procedures set by the University's Financial Services Department.
• Prepares travel documents and transfers all P-Card travel expenses.
• Reconciles and manages department inventory. Initiates adjusting documents to correct discrepancies.
• Enters data onto department accounting spreadsheets for internal financial balances and fund tracking.
• File department accounting documents.
• Attends and takes meeting notes for areas within Information Technology Services.
• Work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• May be assigned other administrative projects and responsibilities.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or field pertinent to work unit AND one year of directly related administrative experience; OR,
• Five years of directly related administrative experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of the University's PeopleSoft Human Resources/Payroll system.
• Knowledge of the University's PeopleSoft Financial system.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to appropriately establish priorities.
• Skill in customer service and/or public relations and handling complaints and managing conflicts.
• Ability to contribute to team performance and work collaboratively.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Working knowledge of computer systems and software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
• Ability to provide good judgment while dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high quality performance.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
August 15, 2012 at midnight.