Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Registrar
posted on September 8, 2012
***• This position is availabale to NAU Employees ONLY ****
Northern Arizona University is seeking an Administrative Assistant who is committed to the values of student service, integrity, student success, engagement, health and well-being.
• Contributes to the development of the ongoing vision, mission and goals of the university¿s academic student records programs.
* Responsible for receiving, reviewing, and processing all Northern Arizona University transcript and verification requests accurately and in a timely manner. Verifies appropriate signatures are received with the request to ensure conformity within FERPA guidelines and established department procedures.
• Uses the National Student Clearinghouse website to receive and process transcript requests.
• Processes transcript and verification requests for all student records prior to Fall 1984, using the Docuware Database. Regularly updates, maintains, and ensures historical information is accurate and stored in the Docuware Database according to set state and university policy.
• Provides general information in response to transcript and verification requests both in person, email and by telephone. Includes a high volume of customer service; answering phones in a fast-paced office. Conducts basic research and customer follow-up in response to a high volume of telephone, email and face-to-face questions and requests.
• Applies functional knowledge to analyze and respond to matters pertaining to transcripts, enrollment and degree verifications, and student records. Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of department and university policies and procedures. Performs research and interprets information and data to make informed decisions regarding student records.
• Consistently complies with all Federal and State laws pertaining to confidentiality and records retention, as well as all local NAU policies and procedures.
• Works in conjunction with Financial Aid office to retrieve data pertinent to students with concurrent enrollment at different institutions (consortium agreements).
• Researches and accesses information to accurately update and appropriately report student enrollment term information to the National Student Clearinghouse.
• Generates student enrollment population reports to be submitted to the National Student Clearinghouse. Researches and analyzes error report generated from National Student Clearinghouse enrollment submission.
• Processes Degree Verify requests through the National Student Clearinghouse: student records are researched, analyzed and electronically reported back to requesters for employment and enrollment verification purposes.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts to research and implement solutions for ease of navigation through Peoplesoft Enrollment Verification Student Request Self-Service site.
• Work collaboratively with Student Life Office to research inquiries regarding disciplinary conduct of students for Enrollment Verification requests.
• Responds verbally and in writing to inquiries, complaints, or problems in a timely manner.
• Acts as primary contact for internal and external organizations by responding to technical and functional questions.
• Guarantees a high-level of customer service by assisting with various customer situations, making decisions and providing an appropriate resolution.
• Ensures appropriate fees are collected and properly accounted for. Makes daily credit card and check deposits using guidelines set by the Comptroller¿s Office. Runs a monthly reconciliation detail report through the National Student Clearinghouse to complete the electronic funds transfer.
• Files and cross-indexes confidential documents and correspondence alphabetically, numerically, or by another prescribed method.
• Acts as a back up for readmissions.
• Provides maintenance on the Docuware database for pre-fall 1984 records.
• Is familiar with university policy regarding courses, grades, majors, and degrees in order to ensure accuracy of student transcripts.
• Recommends new or revised department policies and procedures; coordinates and implements approved changes in policies and procedures affecting assigned functions; updates affected policy/procedure manual as necessary.
• Ensures authenticity of information and compliance with related laws when providing transcript and enrollment verification information to students, and other internal and external customers.
• Converts historical student record information from a legacy database into the current student information system for prior students who have been readmitted to the university.
• Required to routinely and independently make and implement decisions to accomplish divisional goals and objectives while working under the guides of university policy.
• Performs student record maintenance and special projects as assigned and contributes to the Registrar office team.
• Responsible for providing a secure confidential environment for student records and other confidential information.
• Operates office equipment such as personal computers, printers, copiers, calculators, typewriters, and fax machines.
• Four years of increasingly responsible office/administrative experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
• Knowledge of NAU student information system.
• Basic knowledge of FERPA.
• Student transcript and verification processing knowledge in a Registrar office environment.
• Knowledge of standard Registrar Office practices.
• AA degree or minimum of two years college.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
• Skill in team building and ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions
• Good customer service skills both in person and over the phone.
• Effective communication and listening skills.
• Ability to work with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to be a team member who can think quickly on their feet and provide excellent customer service under stressful situations.
• Skill in the use of personal computer/software.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
September 13, 2012 at midnight.