Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, NAU -Yuma
posted on August 18, 2012
• This position is located at the Yuma Branch Campus in Yuma, AZ.
• This position reports to and works under the supervision of the Administrative Associate at the Northern Arizona University - Yuma Branch Campus.
• This position requires the ability, with or without accommodation, to meet the Arizona Administrative Code Fleet Safety Policy requirements, as frequent travel throughout the service region is required.
• Weekend and evening hours will occasionally be required.
• Provides administration support for the AVP/CEO, Assistant Dean, and Department Chairs.
• Coordinates and creates class schedules and assigns classrooms for all Yuma-based online (BBA, PAM, and ADM) and in-person courses.
• Mapping all faculty course evaluations.
• Processes all travel documentation for faculty.
• Manages and maintains class fees records.
• Manages and processes hiring of adjunct faculty, student workers, and teaching assistants.
• Prepares and processes payments for university student supervisors.
• Manages and processes faculty payments (PARs) including over-loads (full-time faculty) and pro-rated salaries (adjunct faculty).
• Prepares tuition waivers for recipients of Teacher of the Year awards.
• Gathers and maintains electronic records of all course syllabi.
• Gathers and maintains electronic records of faculty SOEs.
• Gathers and maintains electronic assessment file copies.
• Serves as back-up for human resources and payroll processes.
• Serves as back-up for front desk staff.
• Bachelor's degree appropriate to area of assignment, AND one year of administrative experience OR,
• Four years of progressively responsible administrative experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of basic account/budgeting procedures.
• Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
• Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Skill in the use of personal computer/software.
• Ability to problem-solve and make decisions.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
August 30, 2012 at midnight.