Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, Inst Tribal Environmental Prof
posted on September 18, 2012
This position is subject to the availability of funding on an annual basis.
• Responsible for the oversight and management of various grants, one state, and three local accounts.
• Generate and reconcile financial documents by following all policies and procedures set forth by the NAU and the State of Arizona.
• Provide monthly budget reports to Managers and Directors.
• Forecast salaries, ERE on grants, state and local accounts on a quarterly or as-needed basis.
• Department liaison for Procurement Cards (Pcard); implement policies and procedures set forth by NAU and the State of Arizona.
• Annual budget planning and development for the ITEP local and state accounts.
• Work one-on-one with programs managers to provide specialized or individualized reports as needed.
• Manage the ITEP financial database and create financial statements and reports as needed.
• Make recommendation to Program Managers when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action.
• Work closely with ITEP staff on processing of travel reimbursements ensuring that staff adheres to all policies and procedures set forth by NAU and the State of Arizona.
• Provide oversight for all contracts pertaining to ITEP workshops such as hotels and instructors.
• Responsible for processing PAR and SWEA forms and proper accounting for salaries of ITEP staff and student workers.
• Official department timekeeper.
• With supervision from ITEP Director, work closely with the Office of Grants & Contracts Services on proposal budgets, to ensure compliance with federal sponsor¿s rules and policies.
• Adhere to all procurement policies and procedures set forth by NAU, EPA, and other federal sponsors.
• Provides solutions to problems presented by lower level staff and recommends changes to accounting system, methods or procedures to management, utilizing knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
• Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
• Advises and counsels on complex accounting matters to department staff.
• Supervise one staff and one student worker.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related area with accounting course work AND one year of professional accounting experience; OR,
• Five years progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience and course work, which includes at least one year professional accounting, in which a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles, practices and procedures was acquired; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Two or more years of experience with NAU's financial accounting system.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of basic leadership practices.
• Skill in performing detailed numerical computations.
• Skill in preparing detailed reports on a timely basis.
• Skill in the use of computer hardware and software.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$38,480 to $40,400.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
October 1, 2012 at midnight.