Full-Time at Northern Arizona University, EMSA Financial Services
posted on August 29, 2012
• Lead processor and liaison for travel documents within the EMSA Division to include research and processing.
• Lead processor for purchasing card documents within the EMSA Division to include research and processing.
• Provide travel and purchasing card training to EMSA Division staff.
• Assist in processing of numerous financial documents within the EMSA Division.
• Assist with various cash handling transactions that include deposits and preparation of deposit transmittals.
• Assists in the completion of financial reports and reconciliations.
• Interprets and applies pertinent rules, regulations, policies and procedures set forth by the university.
• May participate in internal and external audits.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting AND one year of professional accounting experience; OR,
• Five years progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience and coursework which included at least one year of professional accounting in which a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles, practices and procedures was acquired; OR
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Knowledge of University financial systems (i.e. PeopleSoft Financials, Business Objects).
• Knowledge of preparing detailed reports.
• Experience in cash handing, deposits and reconciliations.
• Experience in making presentations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
• Skill in performing detailed numerical computations.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent ability in working effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Must be extremely flexible in working with the EMSA Financials Service team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to manage time independently and effectively.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Possess excellent ability in taking initiative within area of responsibility.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position on or after July 20, 2011, will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. If you accept an offer on or after July 20, 2011, you will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/10159.
September 11, 2012 at midnight.