Temporary Snow Plow Operator- Forest Lakes (0912)
Full-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on September 27, 2012
Salary: $22.00 /Hour
Note: This position is located in Forest Lakes. Under limited supervision performs work of moderate difficulty in the operation of various mechanical equipment; performs related work as assigned.
• Operates various mechanical equipment
• Performs inspection and maintenance of equipment, vehicles, buildings, and facilities
• Participates in construction/maintenance projects
• May train new staff or act as lead worker
• May keep records and prepare reports
Essential functions of this position include: driving; working with and around co-workers; working alone plowing snow; repetitive motion (hand/wrist, elbow/shoulder), vision acuity (near & far), color vision for driving snow plow; speech and hearing for communicating with others to understand and discuss work directives. Environmental conditions include: working outside 90% of the time, dealing with extreme cold during snow shifts, wet and/or humid during a snow event, noise, vibration; mechanical hazards.
Two years of experience operating equipment appropriate to position under field conditions, OR any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Preferences: Motor grader operator experience and loader operator experience.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
Note: This is a temporary, seasonal on-call position with potential overtime salary and no benefits. This position is anticipated to end no later than 5/15/2013. This is a non-CDL position.
Compensation: $22.00 per hour for snow plowing.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of:
- Laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to equipment operation
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Procedures and practices used in construction and maintenance operations
- Inspection and preventive maintenance practices applying to mechanical equipment
• Skill in:
- Operation of assigned equipment under field conditions
- Use of hand and power tools
• Ability to:
- Work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 60 pounds
- Work extended hours in a variety of weather conditions
- Recognize hazardous conditions and react appropriately
- Prepare and maintain records and reports
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers' service specifications
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance