Temporary Snow Plow Operator-Flagstaff (0912)
Full-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on September 20, 2012
Salary: $22.00 /Hour
Under limited supervision performs work of moderate difficulty in the operation of various mechanical equipment; performs related work as assigned.
• operates various mechanical equipment in snow storms;
• performs inspection and maintenance of equipment, vehicles, buildings, and facilities;
• participates in construction/maintenance projects;
• may keep records and prepare reports.
Essential functions of this position include: driving; working with and around co-workers; working alone plowing snow; repetitive motion (hand/wrist, elbow/shoulder), vision acuity (near & far), color vision for driving snow plow; speech and hearing for communicating with others to understand and discuss work directives. Environmental conditions include: working outside 90% of the time, dealing with extreme cold during snow shifts, wet and/or humid during a snow event, noise, vibration; mechanical hazards.
Two years of experience operating equipment appropriate to position under field conditions, OR any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Public Works: Must have an Arizona CDL class B or A, if class B must upgrade to Class A within 30 days of hire and maintain throughout employment. Final job offer will be contingent upon a satisfactory 5-year Arizona Motor Vehicle Report.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
Note: This is a temporary, seasonal on-call position with potential overtime salary and no benefits. This position is anticipated to end no later than 5/15/2013.
$22.00 per hour for snow plowing.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Considerable knowledge of:
• laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to equipment operation;
• occupational hazards and safety precautions;
• procedures and practices used in construction and maintenance operations;
• inspection and preventive maintenance practices applying to mechanical equipment.
• operation of assigned equipment under field conditions;
• use of hand and power tools.
• work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays;
• effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 60 pounds;
• work extended hours in a variety of weather conditions;
• recognize hazardous conditions and react appropriately;
• prepare and maintain records and reports;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
• follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers' service specifications;
• communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance