Reproductive Health Nurse Practitioner: Public Health Services District
Part-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on October 19, 2012
Salary: Hourly: $28.60 - $41.02
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner for a reproductive health clinic. Must be able to see both female and male clients. This position is 24 hours per week. Under general supervision performs work of considerable difficulty in supervising the clinical management and health maintenance of clients in a variety of clinical settings using independent judgment in areas of assessment and treatment in collaboration with a physician; performs related work as assigned.
• Provides ongoing health maintenance and clinical management
• Oversees medical/nursing aspects of clinic operations
• Conducts physical examination, assessment, diagnosis and treatment
• Makes referrals and follows clients through established nursing care plans
• Writes standing orders and updates them in coordination with medical director
• Conducts nursing staff performance evaluations
• Prescribes and dispenses medication and devices
• Directs and assists in screening programs
• Provides complete physical assessment
• Orders, interprets and follows up on laboratory and diagnostic tests
• Conducts preventive health care education and counseling
• Acts as a consultant to other professionals
• Participates in service training and education
• Maintains records and reports
• May review and interpret clinical policies and procedures and provides guidance as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
Essential functions of this position include: driving; standing; walking; sitting; bending to store or retrieve items in desk or file cabinets; working with and around other staff and patients; vision acuity (near) to read documents and to do computer input; color vision for viewing results of lab tests; hearing and speech for communication with clients, peers, supervisor, etc.; and finger dexterity for doing assessments.
Bachelor's degree in nursing and two years experience working as a nurse practitioner; OR, any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Must obtain an Arizona driver's license by date of hire and maintain throughout employment. Must possess a current active RN license, prescribing privileges and certification as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Arizona; Certification by appropriate National Certification Body; current CPR certification; fingerprint clearance. Final job offer will be contingent upon a satisfactory 5-year Arizona Motor Vehicle Report.
This position is exempt from overtime.
This position is safety sensitive.
Note: This position is grant funded through a Title X and Title V family grant and is contingent upon such funding.
Preferences: Experience with family planning; Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Note: The salary range posted is the entire salary range.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of primary health care
- Health services and their use in the provision of long range health maintenance
- Community resources for appropriate referrals
• Considerable skill in:
- Physical health assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Use of medical instruments and laboratory equipment
- Clinical standards of practice
• Ability to:
- Utilize sound independent medical judgment
- Obtain and maintain DEA number
- Network with community human resource agencies
- Determine treatment plans based on client assessment
- Initiate appropriate treatment or referrals
- Prepare complete and accurate reports and records
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance