NAPEBT Wellness Coordinator
Full-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on August 1, 2012
Salary: Hourly: $18.00 - $20.00
This position is a Wellness Coordinator for the Northern Arizona Public Employees Benefits Trust (NAPEBT) and will coordinate wellness activities between the employers in the trust including: • Coconino County • The City of Flagstaff • Flagstaff Housing Authority • Coconino Community College • Flagstaff Unified School District • NAIPTA • Coconino County Accommodation School For further information on NAPEBT, please see our website at: www.napebt.com. This position is a limited appointment for one year. After one year, the position may be extended based on funding availability. This position is the primary administrative function of the NAPBET trust reporting to the board chair. This role coordinates benefit and wellness activities trust-wide, ensures clarity of communication, performs logistical and administrative functions as identified by the board chair. Position is funded in full by NAPEBT, however, it is housed at the Flagstaff Unified School District (FUSD) and the individual will be an employee of FUSD. Benefits will be provided by FUSD.
• Performs all primary administrative duties for the Board Chair and Trust on a daily basis.
- Daily communications
- Meeting support: Preparation, notes, presentations, summary reports, agendas, meeting management.
- Generation of assigned reports – suggests enhanced reporting
• Develops effective relationships with members of the benefit trust, provider representatives, and potential future vendors.
• Creates, proposes, develops and implements wellness programs based upon Trust approvals
- Engages resources (human capital, logistics, & materials)
- Personally responsible for program and initiative success
• Conducts research to determine best-in-class programs for wellness management
- Identifies impacts and outcomes to justify programs from a time, employee, and budgetary perspective
• Aligns employee wellness programs with financial goals
• Measures program and event effectiveness through surveys, interviews, and participation/utilization reports
• Prepares effective internal marketing of worksite wellness programs to maximize participation
• Serves as resource for each trust entity regarding wellness and other programs
• Compliance officer: Ensures all reporting is compliant with rules/ regulations
• Supports the procurement process for identified services
• Delivers presentations and educational training.
• Coordinates and supports the board chair at all NAPEBT meetings
• Works individually with employees of all entities and performs other tasks as needed
Essential functions of this position include: driving; working with and around others, co-workers, clients, agencies, etc.; working alone; dealing with interruptions; repetitive motion (hand/wrist) for computer input and driving; vision acuity (near/far); hearing and speech for ordinary conversation; touch/finger dexterity for computer work.
1. Two or more years of administrative support experience required
2. Experience in health, wellness, or related field strongly suggested
3. Bachelors Degree preferred
4. Knowledge of the Flagstaff Community preferred.
Must obtain an Arizona driver's license by date of hire and maintain it throughout employment. Final job offer will be contingent upon a satisfactory 5-year Arizona Motor Vehicle Report.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of:
- Public program planning, development and management
- Community resources and public programs
- State and federal programs and regulations
- Marketing strategies, processes and available resources
- Culturally diverse populations
- Professional community education and training techniques
• Working knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of effective supervision
- Governmental budgetary practices, including purchasing and contract management
- Budget and grant writing, development and management
- Software specific to program needs
• Skill in:
- Developing educational programs
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with a culturally diverse client population and various socioeconomic groups
- Evaluating program outcomes and developing appropriate solutions to problems
- Organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Ability to:
- Interpret, implement and maintain a program
- Analyze and evaluate complex financial and statistical data
- Address and motivate the public and professional groups
- Perform outreach services
- Prepare and maintain complex reports and records
- Manage contracts
- Work safely and support a culture of workplace safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, community groups and other agencies and the public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance