Justice Court Specialist: Flagstaff Justice Court (0712)
Full-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on July 19, 2012
Salary: Annually: $27,663.00 - $29,014.00
Under supervision performs specialized office work of moderate difficulty; performs related work as assigned.
• Receives, reviews, processes and distributes confidential and sensitive documents
• Processes documents related to misdemeanor, felony, and civil cases
• Updates electronic records
• Researches records and disburses information
• Records and documents court proceedings
• Receives and processes payments, fees, or bonds
• Compiles reports and summaries of work
• Schedules, gathers materials and prepares agendas for various court hearings
• May issue search or fugitive warrants, and generate warrants and orders to show cause
• May notify attorneys regarding continuances
• Composes, formats and types correspondence, reports and other documents
• May answer incoming phone calls
• May assist other agencies with information and explaining procedures
• May orient and train other staff
Essential functions of this position include: standing, walking, sitting, crouching, stooping, kneeling, reaching and bending to file; working at heights (step ladder) to retrieve files; crawling to reach bottom row files; twisting (working with computers and files); lifting (up to 30 lbs.); Carrying (up to 25 lbs.); pushing/ pulling (up to 25 lbs.) boxes of files; working with and around co-workers and public; dealing with interruptions; repetitive motion (hand-wrist) for typing; repetitive motion (elbow-shoulder) lifting and filing; finger dexterity. Environmental factors include working around noise and heights.
Two years experience in clerical work and six months experience in Justice Court environment; OR, any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Must pass fingerprint clearance.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
The ideal candidate is an individual who works best in a team enviroment; can work independently and will follow through on assessments; able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment; is willing to step in and help others without needing to be assigned; is a quick learner; and has experience in a limited jurisdiction court.
Note: The range listed is the hiring range. The entire salary ranges $27,663-$40,680, annual equivalent.
Preferences: Experience in a limited jurisdiction court; Experience working in AZTEC; Experience working with phones.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Prepare type communicate follow work establish typetypecommunicatefollowworkestablishbilityresearchingmerskillsinessla'sficeiceerablele knowledge of:
- Justice Court terms and meanings
- Office practices and procedures
- Rules and procedures of department, including state and federal law
- Word processing, spread sheets and other computer applications
- Business English, spelling and arithmetic
• Skill in:
- The operation and maintenance of a variety of office equipment
- Customer service
- Researching and problem solving
• Ability to:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Type and perform data entry accurately
- Prepare and maintain complex records and reports
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance