Facilities Service Worker: Facilities (0912)
Full-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on September 27, 2012
Salary: Annually: $27,663.00 - $31,812.00
Note: This is a full time night position. Hours of work: 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. Under limited supervision performs work of routine difficulty in the cleaning and maintenance of County facilities; performs related work as assigned.
• Cleans and maintains County facilities
• Identifies and reports repair needs
• Performs grounds maintenance, including snow removal
• May perform minor repairs, and painting
• May assist with special events
Essential functions of this position include: driving; standing, walking, crouching and stooping to perform custodial work; reaching to dust furniture, wiping walls, cutting shrubs; bending to pick up trash; twisting to dust and wash furniture; lifting (up to 60 lbs.) chemical containers, loaded wheel barrels; and carrying trash bags and storage boxes, pushing/pulling hand cart with trash and to operate lawn mower; working with and around other employees and co-workers; working with frequent interruptions; repetitive motion of hand, wrists, elbow and shoulders to perform duties; hearing and speech for communicating with employees and co-workers; ability to communicate with co-workers verbally and in writing; vision acuity (near and far and color vision) to read labels and drive vehicle; ability to safely use ladders up to 12 feet in height.
Environmental conditions include: working in extreme or adverse weather conditions; noise and vibrations from vacuum cleaner, buffer, lawn mower, etc; hazards (mechanical and electrical) from vacuum cleaner, buffer, lawn mower, etc; (chemicals) from floor and window cleaners, wax, etc; atmospheric conditions include: fumes from chemicals, lawn mower, snow blower, odors from cleaning products and exposure to pollen, office dust and dust from grounds keeping; mist from spray bottles-aerosols; gases from lawn mower and snow blower.
One year of custodial experience; OR any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Must successful pass a background check.
Must obtain an Arizona driver's license by date of hire and maintain it throughout employment. Final job offer will be contingent upon a satisfactory 5-year Arizona Motor Vehicle Report.
This is position is non-exempt from overtime.
The ideal candidate is dedicated, self-motivated and customer service oriented.
Preferences: One year basic computer experience; one year grounds maintenance experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Working knowledge of:
- Materials, equipment, and procedures used in custodial work
- Methods, practices, tools and materials used in a variety of building maintenance and repair work
- Occupational hazards and procedures for storing and handling hazardous materials
• Ability to:
- Operate a variety of custodial and maintenance equipment
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Read and understand product labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and apply appropriate safety precautions
- Effectively handle lifting of objects weighing up to 60 pounds
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Report to work during declared Facility department, county and state emergencies
- Prepare and maintain records and reports
- Work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance