Cook PT- Senior Services: Community Services (0712)
Part-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on July 26, 2012
Salary: $27,663.00 /Year
Note: This position is part time, 20 hours per week. Prepares up to 200 meals per day for congreagate and home delivered meals for seniors and disabled adults. Under limited supervision performs work of moderate difficulty in large volume food preparation; performs related work as assigned.
• Plans, prepares, purchases, and serves meals
• Prepares and maintains records and reports
• Insures compliance with food handling policies and procedures
• Performs housekeeping and maintenance duties
• Maintains order, safety, and security in the kitchen area
• May consult with dieticians, nutritionists, and medical staff for special diets
• May act as lead worker
Essential functions of this position include: standing and walking to prepare and serve food; reaching for items on shelves; working with and around other staff and volunteers; repetitive motion (hand-wrist and elbow-shoulder) to prepare food and sweeping, mopping; vision acuity (near) hearing and speech (ordinary conversation) to communicate with staff and participants; touch (finger dexterity) for preparing food, phone usage and clean up. Environmental factors include working indoors within dinning hall; working around extreme heat, cold, noise and vibration of kitchen equipment. Hazards include potential for oven and stove top burns and fumes, odors and gases involved in cooking.
Two years of volume cooking experience; OR any combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Must successfully pass background check and fingerprint clearance.
Must acquire Food Manager's license within 90 days of hire.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
The ideal candidate has commercial food preparation experience; good people skills; is well organized; reads and follows recipes; directs the activities of workers; prepares and maintains records and reports; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public; follows written and verbal instructions; communicates effectively verbally and in writing; works well in a team environment.
Preferences: Experience with volume food preparation; food safety procedures; food safety procedures and restaurant experience.
Note: This position is grant funded through an Older Americans Act and is contingent upon grant funding.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Working knowledge of:
- Large scale food preparation
- Kitchen safety and food sanitation
- Use and care of kitchen equipment
- Food ordering and inventory maintenance
- Security procedures
• Skill in:
- Operation of food preparation equipment
• Ability to:
- Read and follow recipes
- Direct the activities of workers
- Prepare and maintain records and reports
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance