Community Aide Kitchen & Driver for Meals on Wheels-Flagstaff: Community Services: On-Call
Full-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on July 12, 2012
Salary: $10.56 /Hour
Under limited supervision, assists in the preparation and/or delivery of congregate and Meals on Wheels program; maintains daily log sheet of delivered meals; reports any unusual client status to site manager/case manager; inspects and reports any vehicle maintenance and repairs; maintains a good relationship with clients, team members, and site manager; performs other duties as assigned.
Essential functions of this position include: driving; sitting to drive van; working with and around others; communicating with team members, clients, etc.; vision acuity (near & far) for driving; hearing and speech for ordinary conversation; may lift up to 20 pounds for meal preparation and food deliveries; commercial kitchen work. Environmental factors include; driving in all types of weather; exposure to weather while delivering meals to client's homes; outside driving route 90% of time.
One year experience in assigned area; OR, any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Fingerprint clearance required.
Must obtain an Arizona driver's license by date of hire and maintain it throughout employment. Final job offer will be contingent upon a satisfactory 5-year Arizona Motor Vehicle Report.
Meals on Wheels Drivers must have Food handler's certificate.
Home Care and Respite Aides must acquire first aide and CPR certification within six months of employment. May need to be certified in the State of Arizona as a Nurse Aide; may be fingerprinted as a condition of employment.
PREFERENCE: Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Navajo
This position is safety sensitive.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
The ideal candidate will have a current Arizona driver's license, a good driving record, be familiar with the Flagstaff area, enjoy working with seniors, have commercial food prep experience and be a team player.
Note: This position is grant funded through a NACOG Older Americans Act and is contingent upon grant funding.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Working knowledge of:
• needs and problems of disabled, elderly and low-income individuals;
• available community services;
• safe driving techniques, including traffic and safety rules;
• routine vehicle maintenance;
• geographic area in and around Flagstaff.
• record keeping;
• proper lifting techniques;
• operating a vehicle in adverse weather conditions.
• effectively handle lifting of up to twenty pounds;
• maintain patience in adverse situations;
• demonstrate emotional maturity;
• work with culturally diverse population;
• provide transportation service to the public, including elderly and handicapped individuals;
• recognize hazardous driving conditions;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public;
• follow written and verbal instructions;
• communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance