Business Manager: Community Services (0612)
Full-Time at Coconino County, Flagstaff, AZ
posted on June 28, 2012
Salary: Annually: $43,885.00 - $64,537.00
Under general supervision performs work of moderate difficulty in the financial management of a department; performs related work as assigned.
• Administers departmental accounting function
• Coordinates the financial management of programs, grants, and contracts
• Prepares cost projections and financial and administrative reports
• Participates in the preparation and administration of the budget
• Participates in internal and external audits
• Supervises and trains staff as assigned
• May be responsible for payroll, accounts payable and purchasing
The Essential functions of this position include; sitting, working with and around others; vision acuity (near) for working at a computer; working with interruptions; repetitive motion (hand/wrist); vision acuity (near/far) for computer input, etc; hearing and speech for ordinary conversations; touch-finger dexterity for computer work.
Sixty semester hours of college level course work in accounting, business administration or a related field and two years of increasingly responsible budget/accounting experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with diverse people, possesses initiative, and is meticulous with financial information. Will have experience with federal reporting systems.
Preferences: Experience with grant finance management; Microsoft Excel experience; Americorp or other federally funded program experience.
Note: This position is grant funded and is contingent upon such funding. The range listed is the entire salary range. The starting salary range is $43,885-$50,467.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of:
- Governmental accounting practices, including purchasing
- Currently available automated accounting systems
- Principles and practices of office administration, management and supervision
• Working knowledge of:
- Grant development and administration
- Budgetary theory, principles and practices
• Skill in:
- The operation of automated office equipment
- The use of computerized budget/financial tracking and reporting programs
- Performing and verifying mathematical computations
• Ability to:
- Prepare and maintain financial records
- Administer computerized accounting systems
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Benefits Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: (Regular Part Time employees receive some benefits on a pro-rated bases. Temporary and Seasonal employees do not receive benefits).
- Vacation/Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Health Care Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Deduction Plan
- Sick Leave Conversion Plan
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union membership
- Long-Term Disability
- Arizona State Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-going Training Opportunities
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free bus transportation/ EcoPass bus pass
- Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax-deferred investment program
- Accidental and Disability Insurance